When bad decisions work out....

AnthonyF

And, predictably, TMQ lays into both Jauron and Kubiak for that ridiculous sequence:

Huh? What? TMQ's Law of the Obvious holds: Sometimes all a team needs to do is run the ball for no gain, and everything will be fine. Leading 21-17, Houston faced third-and-2 on its 19 on the first play following the two-minute warning, with Buffalo down to its last timeout. The Texans threw incomplete, stopping the clock, then punted; the Bills scored the winning touchdown with nine seconds remaining. Had Houston simply run for no gain, victory was likely. Instead the Moo Cows stopped the clock, keeping Buffalo alive. Every week there is one play TMQ watches over and over in rapt fascination, and this week this one was it. To top it off, with 2:25 remaining, Buffalo had punted on fourth-and-4 from midfield. "It's like the coaches are competing to see who can make the stupidest call," my 11-year-old, Spenser, commented. Houston won that competition.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And, predictably, TMQ lays into both Jauron and Kubiak for that ridiculous sequence:

844717[/snapback]

Yep. I was surprised when HOU passed. Especially since they moved the ball on the ground all game long, and that their punter seems to be the long hang-time type - fair catch by Parrish - rather than a distance fellow. Dumb move by them.

I'm sure the Texan's staff are kicking themselves for their idiocy - like GB's did. :rolleyes:

NFL coaches are not very bright IMO...

844717[/snapback]

The Bills used one timeout in the final drive.... It may have helped in the play call or may have not. In anycase it meant nothing in terms of time, as JP would have spiked the ball instead of call timeout and the result should have been the same.

That would make sense if it were remotely true. But it isn't. The Bills almost completely shut the Texans down in the second half. Not only did they punt every series but their total yards on all their drives were 28, 40, 3, 19, and 8 for a grand total of 98 yards and a total of four first downs.

844135[/snapback]

It looked alot worse then I guess it was ;)