Relax, it was only the Texans...

Kelly the Dog

So, in your opinion, the Nate Clements INT in that game was purely the result of a bad throw?  That is, if the throw had been good, that play was unstoppable, right?

JDG

844132[/snapback]

Probably, yes, IF the throw was perfect. Johnson was behind Clements. The throw was decent but short and they both jumped up for it. If it were a perfect pass and hit Johnson perfectly in stride where he didnt have to slow down one inch it very likely would have been a TD with Clements a yard or two behind him or just lunging to try to stop him. And Clements is one of the fastest CBs in the game. But Johnson is a bit faster, almost as fast as Evans, and had him beat. That throw was at least two yards from being perfect.

Probably, yes, IF the throw was perfect. Johnson was behind Clements. The throw was decent but short and they both jumped up for it. If it were a perfect pass and hit Johnson perfectly in stride where he didnt have to slow down one inch it very likely would have been a TD with Clements a yard or two behind him or just lunging to try to stop him. And Clements is one of the fastest CBs in the game. But Johnson is a bit faster, almost as fast as Evans, and had him beat. That throw was at least two yards from being perfect.

844148[/snapback]

You make it sound like you have solved football.....

You make it sound like you have solved football.....

844150[/snapback]

No, but I have solved track and field. Usually faster guys win in races of pure speed, especially when they get to run forward the entire time and their opponents have to backpedal, turn and chase them. Yesterday, Deion Sanders said Evans is probably the fastest receiver in the league. A perfect pass to the fastest guy where he doesn't break stride will usually be a score.

844148[/snapback]

Um, rewatch that play, Kelly. Johnson was not behind Clements. In fact, Clements was WAY behind Johnson and had time to camp out under that throw.

The only reason Johnson even had a shot at it was that there was so much air under the ball that he almost had a chance to run underneath it while all Clements could do was wait for it to come down and fight for it.

What I meant was Johnson had got behind Clements, he was beyond Clements and the throw was well short. And if the throw were perfect and hit Johnson in stride it would have been a score.

844162[/snapback]

I know what you meant but I think you have flip-flopped Clements and Johnson in your mind. Clements was much deeper than Johnson when the ball was thrown and Clements had to nearly come to a stop and wait for the ball to come down while Johnson caught up and had a chance at the ball.

I know what you meant but I think you have flip-flopped Clements and Johnson in your mind. Clements was much deeper than Johnson when the ball was thrown and Clements had to nearly come to a stop and wait for the ball to come down while Johnson caught up and had a chance at the ball.

844163[/snapback]

You're right. I just rewatched it. My bad. That play surely doesn't count then in the example I was using. It wasn't a straight away fly pattern one on one with a perfect pass. Far from it.

You're right. I just rewatched it. My bad. That play surely doesn't count then in the example I was using. It wasn't a straight away fly pattern one on one with a perfect pass. Far from it.

844168[/snapback]

Yup I agree with your basic premise. If the QB can hit a receiver as fast as Evans in stride on a fly pattern (or some variant thereof...) there's not a damn thing a defense can do about it except: A) Play the free safety ridiculously deep and guarantee 15 yard completions all day, or B) Find a way to get to the QB faster.

Losman to Price:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbXEm8CHjaw&NR

I literally watched that play over and over and over...Criqui sounds like such a homer here. Awesome.

842822[/snapback]

i don't know. After the catch, he snubs Losman and runs right to the sidelines. Leaves Losman to run all over the field looking for someone to butt heads with. What a selfish player. I think I hear the bickering starting.

We should have gotten Terrell.

He would have made that catch.

I know this because I hear from my friend Charlie Soprano, that there is a lot of dissention on the squad. Like about that call to punt on 4th down. Seems as though the offensive line thinks that spikes is washed up and that they should have been able to make the first down.

From what I understand, this is one unhappy bunch..

I think were doomed..