%#^*$!&^&!&

IBTG81

He isn't going anywhere...

844811[/snapback]

In-season, they always say that. He's a Jersey guy, I know that too. However, he is in position to demand big-time money from a program that is among the elite of NCAA Football. He has roots in Miami, is well-thought of by high school coaches in Florida, and has a recruiting base in the state already. He is young, energetic, and brings a brashness and enthusiasm that is definitely missing in Miami with Larry Coker.

We will see. Just because he says he's not interested in a job that isn't even open yet doesn't mean anything. He'll definitely have the opportunity to turn it down. If he does, good for him. If he takes it, good for him.

In-season, they always say that.  He's a Jersey guy, I know that too.  However, he is in position to demand big-time money from a program that is among the elite of NCAA Football.  He has roots in Miami, is well-thought of by high school coaches in Florida, and has a recruiting base in the state already.  He is young, energetic, and brings a brashness and enthusiasm that is definitely missing in Miami with Larry Coker.

We will see.  Just because he says he's not interested in a job that isn't even open yet doesn't mean anything.  He'll definitely have the opportunity to turn it down.  If he does, good for him.  If he takes it, good for him.

844831[/snapback]

He has stated numerous times he has no interest. He just signed a 7 year deal, and word has it RU is already adding more money to it.

His wife does not want to move again (which she has stated publicly), and Schiano already turned down the Miami job before he left for RU.

Also, a recruit who I am not going to mention stated he asked GS if he were leaving, Schiano told him absolutely not, that he's here to stay and RU can win a NC. One thing about GS is, is that he's brutally honest, and would not lie to a kid.

He has stated numerous times he has no interest. He just signed a 7 year deal, and word has it RU is already adding more money to it.

His wife does not want to move again (which she has stated publicly), and Schiano already turned down the Miami job before he left for RU.

Also, a recruit who I am not going to mention stated he asked GS if he were leaving, Schiano told him absolutely not, that he's here to stay and RU can win a NC. One thing about GS is, is that he's brutally honest, and would not lie to a kid.

844870[/snapback]

That is a very naive approach you are taking.

Like I said, he will have the opportunity to turn the Miami job down. We'll see what he does. Of course he's going to tell everyone right now that he's not going anywhere. But there was a very real possibility of his team going undefeated this year and being ranked no higher than 5th. No national title. Do you think that would ever possibly happen at Miami?

Roy Williams turned down the UNC hoops job once and then took it several years later, after saying Kansas was his place and he wasn't leaving.

Schiano says he loves Rutgers. College coaches will act like they are in it for the kids and for the university, and they'll say the right thing, but don't believe for a second that they are concerned about anybody ahead of themselves. Because that university that they love so much will fire them without a second thought after 3 or 4 down years. If Texas or USC go 5-7, 6-6, 5-7 over the next three years, do you think Mack Brown or Pete Carroll will still have jobs? Nope. Look at Coker.

That is a very naive approach you are taking.  Like I said, he will have the opportunity to turn the Miami job down.  We'll see what he does.  Of course he's going to tell everyone right now that he's not going anywhere.  But there was a very real possibility of his team going undefeated this year and being ranked no higher than 5th.  No national title.  Do you think that would ever possibly happen at Miami? 

Roy Williams turned down the UNC hoops job once and then took it several years later, after saying Kansas was his place and he wasn't leaving.

Schiano says he loves Rutgers.  College coaches will act like they are in it for the kids and for the university, and they'll say the right thing, but don't believe for a second that they are concerned about anybody ahead of themselves.  Because that university that they love so much will fire them without a second thought after 3 or 4 down years.  If Texas or USC go 5-7, 6-6, 5-7 over the next three years, do you think Mack Brown or Pete Carroll will still have jobs?  Nope.  Look at Coker.

844889[/snapback]

This is going to sound so cliche, but it's a Jersey thing.

I work for the athletic department. He's not going anywhere.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.