%#^*$!&^&!&

IBTG81

GDMF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For all of the times to lay down!!!

Rutgers couldn't beat a pop-warner team tonight.

smokin...accept my sincere apology.

841029[/snapback]

No worries man, you were pumped about your squad, nothing wrong with that. Cincy, at 5-5 (2-3 in the vaunted Big East) is not a bad team at all, from what I could tell the two times I watched them. And Rutgers was nowhere near the 7th best team in the country the two times I watched them. They are a decent squad, but the top teams in the country would school them. I know people would've bitched if an undefeated BCS team was left out of the title game, but IMO, that would've been a sign that the BCS works. Ohio State would beat Rutgers by 25.

In the meantime, my alma mater is having their own problems....

No worries man, you were pumped about your squad, nothing wrong with that.  Cincy, at 5-5 (2-3 in the vaunted Big East) is not a bad team at all, from what I could tell the two times I watched them.  And Rutgers was nowhere near the 7th best team in the country the two times I watched them.  They are a decent squad, but the top teams in the country would school them.  I know people would've bitched if an undefeated BCS team was left out of the title game, but IMO, that would've been a sign that the BCS works.  Ohio State would beat Rutgers by 25.

In the meantime, my alma mater is having their own problems....

841039[/snapback]

Only 3 points!

Way it goes Ed...Reminds me a lot of the 2002 ND squad. We were all calling for a matchup with Miami saying that our defense could shut anyone down. Then we got beaten by a solid, but lesser team (BC) and then were exposed by a much better USC team (which could happen to Rutgers too with WVU).

It's easy to get lost in the hype, but it apparent now (just as it was for ND in 2002) that teams don't really make quantum leaps in one season. The 2002 version was much improved over the 2001, but we weren't contenders.

But Rutgers is on the rise and hopefully they won't regress after one peak season like ND did.

So you got caught up in the hype, happens to us Bills fans nearly every year. Rutgers is a good team, with GREAT coaching. College football games can be very funny at times. Maybe if Rutgers makes that first FG, or if Teel hits on any of those open 1st quarter passes it's a different game. As it was Cincinnati came out hungry, and Rutgers only fed them confidence in the first half. Unfortunately I think WV will really take advantage of Rutgers smaller DL. When your DT's are both 260 pounds they need to play in the backfield. WV has one of the best centers in college football. I also see the misdirection WV runs hurting an overaggressive Rutgers defense. No matter how it plays out it's been a hell of a year for Rutgers. They have nothing to be ashamed about.

So you got caught up in the hype, happens to us Bills fans nearly every year.

841094[/snapback]

Your fault Ed. If Rutger's knew they had a pimp on the Bills board, they'da mudered you in your sleep. Jinx.

From the opposite point of view as Ed's, WHAT AN INCREDIBLE GAME!

Let me preface this by saying that its difficult to be a Cincinnati Bearcats football fan. In this city, people rank football in order of: Bengals, High School football (these 2 are interchangeable, depending on how the Bungles are playing), and then the Bearcats. The way I see it though, these guys deserve to have people in the stands, and they're finally putting together a program that will ensure it.

Despite playing right after the biggest college football game of the year, UC was still able to draw out ~27,000 people. Sounds embarassing, considering I was at a high school game on Friday night in the same stadium that drew over 17,000, but fortunately, the people that were there gave the guys on the team something to be proud of, being extremely loud for most of the game and letting them know that we appreciated the dominance of a top 10 team.

Not sure if people will say that UC played well, or RU played poorly, but if you look at the stats for the season, it was pretty much more of the same for UC's defense. According to ESPN.com, in 7 home games this season, no team has rushed for 100 yards against UC, including the 3rd best rusher in the nation, who only put up 51.

Theres talks that Dantonio might be heading up to MSU, but if UC can secure him, and get an offense put together to go with his solid D, I think people might be hearing more about the UC Bearcats in the near future...never going to be making a run for a national championship, but hopefully becoming a consistent player in the Big East.

By the way...

:P

844281[/snapback]

Iit's actually a good thing that when a team beats us now, they feel the need to rush the field. That says a lot for RU.

The thing that pisses me off is, that we're so much better than Cinci. We came out cocky and flat, which is never a good blend. I would have rather lost to Louisville or WV.

Iit's actually a good thing that when a team beats us now, they feel the need to rush the field. That says a lot for RU.

UC could've been playing against Little Sisters of the Poor and we would've rushed the field if they came into our stadium undefeated, ranked #6 in the country, and gunning for a potential NC berth.

Besides, LSofP would've probably scored more than 11 on us. :P

UC could've been playing against Little Sisters of the Poor and we would've rushed the field if they came into our stadium undefeated, ranked #6 in the country, and gunning for a potential NC berth.

Besides, LSofP would've probably scored more than 11 on us.  :doh:

844289[/snapback]

:D:P:P:D:P

Don't worry.  You'll get to feel that emotion too.

Rutgers.  Back in the top 10 in 2149.  Every 143 years whether we like it or not.

844653[/snapback]

That was the best you could come up with? :rolleyes:

The label "Alaskan retard" really suits you well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.