Last Weeks QB Stats

AnthonyF

I know that has to be a JOKE. ;)  To say Manning is not good says a lot in its self  :w00t:

I always thought the shot gun formation, was to allow the QB a little more time to see the DF develope.........

Good thing JK never ran the shot gun formation, and handed the ball to TT.  :doh:

836783[/snapback]

Yes a joke.... Unfortunately on us....

As a GM Marv needs to stand up and tell the staff we need to coach and see what we have for 2007. If JP bombs, I'd be happy to draft Quinn....

From NFL.com play-by-play:

They indicate when a play is in shotgun formation. Do a search for "(Shotgun) J.Losman". You'll find it once, on the first drive of the game.

If you search for "(Shotgun) P.Manning" you'll find it 21 times.

836747[/snapback]

Now look up that stat for the other games besides the Colts and you will notice shotgun a lot on 3rd down for JP.

Average pass attempts 33.... Losman 13.  Nearest to him was Alex Smith with 20 (who also rushed 8 times) in a game they won and were always up by over a TD (closest 16-10) and then they got a FG. 

Obviously 31 other managers are out to lunch or if they had Losman would also throw only 13 times.

Let's then review the QB's who we'll consider either inexperienced or in the lower tier of QB's and their attempts.

Remember this is 2 weeks in a row...

Leinart 38

Rivers 36

Romo 29

Huard 38

Harrington 35

Brunell 31

Young 25 (8 rushes)

Carr 32

Frye 22

Walter 33

Wallce 23

Gradkowski 32

So let's hear more blah, blah blah that we were playing the Colts and it almost worked. 

What would have worked is 3 times in the redzone and more then 3 pass attempts...

836579[/snapback]

OK... Let me try to say this for the upteenth time... Clearly the offensive strategy going into that Colts game was to run an ultra-conservative offense to shorten the game and keep Manning and company on the sidelines. Given that the Colts have one of the top 3 pass defenses and the WORST run defense, it makes sense, right? Also, given that Manning didn't see the football before over 8:00 minutes had been chewed off the clock, and that we were in the position to WIN that game in the 4th quarter against a superior opponent, I'd have to say that the gamplan was sound. No?

I am so sick to death of hearing this stuff about how the coaching staff doesn't trust JP. Anyone that knows anything about Jauron knows that he's alwasy been a proponent of the run-first offense with a caretaker QB. Remember, he had guys like Jim Miller and Shane Matthews playing QB for him in Chicago. There was once a saying that 5 things can happen when a QB drops back to pass, and only 1 of them is good. That JP was sacked 4 times on just 16 drop-backs would seem to illustrate that point. And -- I can't remember a single one of those 4 sacks that I would call his fault in this particular game.

How might everyone's view of what happened Sunday have changed if Freeney doesn't beat Royal -- why exactly was Royal in the situation of having to block Freeney anyway, McNally? -- and Losman ends up tossing a TD pass there? Probably not in the slightest, I guess, as many here didn't want to give him credit for the game winning TD pass to Evans against the Packers the week before...