A question and comment

TPS

What's the final tally for the House?

In perusing the posts, and i haven't had time to read them all, I hadn't noticed any comments about Rahm Emanuel. He was really the driving force for the dems in this election, and had a lot to do with supporting (choosing) dem candidates that were center, not left. I have to say, I'm impressed with what he helped carry off.

What's the final tally for the House? 

In perusing the posts, and i haven't had time to read them all, I hadn't noticed any comments about Rahm Emanuel.  He was really the driving force for the dems in this election, and had a lot to do with supporting (choosing) dem candidates that were center, not left.  I have to say, I'm impressed with what he helped carry off.

831073[/snapback]

I think Dean has more to do with it. To run a 50 state strategy they had to run candidates in rural districts - which are traditionally more conservative.

I think Dean has more to do with it. To run a 50 state strategy they had to run candidates in rural districts - which are traditionally more conservative.

831077[/snapback]

TPS is right, its Emanuel. He was the guy that chose the conservative candidates for the Democrats in this race, and played toward the middle. Dean's tendencies from watching him at the head of the DNC is to play to the base, not the middle.

TPS is right, its Emanuel.  He was the guy that chose the conservative candidates for the Democrats in this race, and played toward the middle.  Dean's tendencies from watching him at the head of the DNC is to play to the base, not the middle.

831086[/snapback]

Emanuel helped select a lot of the candidates, but Dean was responsible for spreading money beyond the swing states. Actually there was a bit of a compromise. Emanuel favored targeting districts and winnable races and Dean made sure money still got to the geographically large rural counties. They both get some credit.

Emanuel helped select a lot of the candidates, but Dean was responsible for spreading money beyond the swing states. Actually there was a bit of a compromise. Emanuel favored targeting districts and winnable races and Dean made sure money still got to the geographically large rural counties. They both get some credit.

831100[/snapback]

Oh, I read your post as to mean that Dean selected the candidates, not Emanuel.

I gotcha now.