Looking back at Marv's draft

seq004

Does anyone else still wonder why Marv took 3 defensive backs in the first 3 rounds? Not that these guys are going to be average players because at least 2 out of 3 should work out well but I thought with Marv coming back he would start rebuilding the worst offensive line in the NFL. I was somewhat shocked that he put all his eggs in one basket and were paying for it now. A offensive line and a QB should be top priority in the off season. Im giving up on JP. ;)

Does anyone else still wonder why Marv took 3 defensive backs in the first 3 rounds? Not that these guys are going to be average players because at least 2 out of 3 should work out well but I thought with Marv coming back he would start rebuilding the worst offensive line in the NFL. I was somewhat shocked that he put all his eggs in one basket and were paying for it now. A offensive line and a QB should be top priority in the off season. Im giving up on JP. ;)

826858[/snapback]

No way should we draft a quarterback. Draft defense or offensive line. I'd take a veteran quarterback in free agency or something. Build the lines first and then worry about a qb

No way should we draft a quarterback. Draft defense or offensive line. I'd take a veteran quarterback in free agency or something. Build the lines first and then worry about a qb

826920[/snapback]

I think if the Brass at One Bills Drive would decide to make Nall and A Train the starters we would see a drastic change in our "questionable Oline" When Marv and Dick realize that the Lman cant play and is a loser,with no leadership skills or mental capacity,we will finally start heading this ship in the right direction ;)

I think if the Brass at One Bills Drive would decide to make Nall and A Train the starters we would see a drastic change in our "questionable Oline" When Marv and Dick realize that the Lman cant play and is a loser,with no leadership skills or mental capacity,we will finally start heading this ship in the right direction  ;)

826931[/snapback]

I hate to say it, but I agree. All this talk about our crappy line is not entirely true, remember how Flutie made our line look just fine after Rob Johnson? What would our record be with Kelly Holcomb? How would our line look? I know KH seems to be public enemy number 1 here for a reason I have no idea, but we would be .500 or better with KH and even A-Train in the backfield.

826920[/snapback]

I agree totally. If we draft a Qb and he doesn't come in a be an immediate difference maker (most aren't) then we will have to wait 2/3 years for him to get up to speed. Some young QB's have more immediate success if they have good/great players and established offense scheme to carry him (we don't). So I'd stick with JP for the rest of the year and probably next and pick up a more capable veteran just in case we do field an offensive team with the talent and scheme to succed and the only player holding us back is the QB. Face it: while an experience elite QB can come in and get better production out of the talent that we do have, not many other young QB's will behind our shabby blocking, unproven receiver core, and no offensive identity to speak off. There aren't very many Peyton Mannings, Tom Brady's, and Donovan McNabbs out there!

... I thought with Marv coming back he would start rebuilding the worst offensive line in the NFL.

826858[/snapback]

Not sure that they are the worst...but anyway....

I call this "The McNally Factor." I respect the guy and don't like to diss him (at least not directly) but management has bought into the fact that this guy is some kind of miracle worker and because of it, we rely on projects instead of paying more for known FAs or drafting highly regarded rookies. A coach can only do so much.

Plus, Ralph is still suffering from "Mike Williams-itis."

826858[/snapback]

Next year, we understand what needs to be addressed and the offensive line at three postions needs to be upgraded if we are go0ing to get better. I'd like to see Peters move back to right tackle at the end of this season. There are some guys coming out of the draft that are good left tackles. It would be a very good idea to draft one of them.

I hate to say it, but I agree.  All this talk about our crappy line is not entirely true, remember how Flutie made our line look just fine after Rob Johnson?  What would our record be with Kelly Holcomb?  How would our line look?  I know KH seems to be public enemy number 1 here for a reason I have no idea, but we would be .500 or better with KH and even A-Train in the backfield.

826938[/snapback]

Im not saying the oline isnt part of the problem,but our qb play compounds it. Indecisiveness takes time and results in sacks,interceptions,and fumbles.Jp has had a legimate chance at playing and has proven he cant play.Give Nall a chance and if he cant play,address it in the offseason through Free agency.Maybe Jake Plummer?

There are some guys coming out of the draft that are good left tackles.  It would be a very good idea to draft one of them.

826958[/snapback]

I love your train of thought, but let's give Peters a chance at LT. Some of these kids playing LT in college might project to RT in the NFL.

Imo, Peters has a legit shot to be a star at LT. This is more than we can say of anybody who has played on this team since Will Wolford, and is nothing short of sensational news. ;)

826858[/snapback]

I am not surprised at all. Our defense was 30 or so against the run, and not much better against the pass. Levy knew that the defense was worse off than the offense. If you know what's going on, you know that you fix one side off the ball first. He chose defense. This years draft will be almost all offense. I would bet three OL, a QB, 2 WR, and a RB.

I think if the Brass at One Bills Drive would decide to make Nall and A Train the starters we would see a drastic change in our "questionable Oline" When Marv and Dick realize that the Lman cant play and is a loser,with no leadership skills or mental capacity,we will finally start heading this ship in the right direction 

How do you know that? I mean, seriously, how do you know that. Have you been breaking down Nall's elusiveness in practice, seen him run the scout team like a precision machine, or have you seen A Train rumbling through holes a la Jim Brown and picking up blitzers like Thurman used to? You've seen all this right? And you know Nall and A Train can do it, correct?

And you've talked with JP and know he is dumb, I mean, completely stupid. Borderline retarded right? And you've spoken with at least some of his HS and college teammates who can testify to his leadership skills. Correct?

Since you have seemingly scouted the whole Bills organization, please enlighten me on this and give me some inside stuff as to why they are ignoring the obvious with Nall and A Train.

Is JP blackmailing Jauron? Does Willis have pics of Marv with a sheep in a compromising sexual position? Is this just a conspiracy by that Oscar winning actor Ralph Wilson to get the fans to believe he really wants to win, but behind the scenes he's trying Major League-style to lose as much as possible so the team moves to LA?

Please share the secret wealth and knowledge with your less enlightened minions.

Please share the secret wealth and knowledge with your less enlightened minions.

827259[/snapback]

Drunk girls let down their guard and are easier to coerse back to your place. You can also talk drunk girls into doing some scandalous schit that they would never otherwise do.

That is all the knowledge I have gathered in my 27 years- I hope that helps.

Drunk girls let down their guard and are easier to coerse back to your place.  You can also talk drunk girls into doing some scandalous schit that they would never otherwise do.

That is all the knowledge I have gathered in my 27 years- I hope that helps.

827274[/snapback]

we need a f@#$ing center.