NE throttling Indy so far.

Fine take away the field goals ... the score should have been 34-20. The refs:

1. Called intentional touching downfield instead of pass interference which would have given them a 1st down on the 1 yard line. They ended up getting a field goal that drive. Thats a 4 point difference.

827053[/snapback]

I won't make fun of you for saying intentional touching instead of illegal contact. Both do have an 'underage sex offender' connotation to them. However, illegal contact is called when contact occurs before the ball is in the air. The NE corner definitely first made contact beyond five yards BEFORE Manning let go of the ball. And that was a schitty pass regardless.

2. That great 1st down call by Winter which you know for darn sure Periera is going to get questioned about in his segment on NFL ref calls of the week. That would have given Peyton the ball back ... 47 yards to go and over a minute to do it. Considering he was on a roll and had scored every possesion before that, odds are he would have scored a TD. Even if he didnt, its still a field goal. thats 3-7 points. So overall the refs had an impact of 7-11 points.

827053[/snapback]

It was retarded to go for it, and it was retarded by a ref BEHIND the LOS to jump in and say 1st down. Watching it live, I thought there was no way Brady got it. But oh well, he threw a deep pick right after that which is just like a punt, which they should've done in the first place. So call it a wash.

Why isnt their a Patriot logo as your avatar?

827053[/snapback]

Because I hate the Patriots. I don't hate Manning, but I also don't want his milky white goodness on my chin like you do.

And thats where we differ. I dont think a SB win should have relevance on how good a player is. How many SB's did Barry Sanders, Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, Thurman, Thomas and Andre Reed all have put together? 0 ...

Super Bowls are great and it is the goal, but I dont think that makes 1 player any better than another player.

827053[/snapback]

I will never, ever say those players aren't/weren't good. Thurman is probably my favorite player of all-time. And a Super Bowl doesn't put Trent Dilfer in Marino's or Kelly's class. I would say Manning is already in their class. But he has consistently been a favorite at every level to win a championship, and he has consistently failed to perform on the biggest stage. There is one thing to get there and play great but lose in the end. Manning has continuously played his worst game of his season when his team has needed him the most.

If you think that doesn't make him less of a player, so be it. Like I said, I love Thurmal, but there's no denying that his great career has a some black marks from his performances in those last three SB's.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't make fun of you for saying intentional touching instead of illegal contact.  Both do have an 'underage sex offender' connotation to them.  However, illegal contact is called when contact occurs before the ball is in the air.  The NE corner definitely first made contact beyond five yards BEFORE Manning let go of the ball.  And that was a schitty pass regardless.

HAHA! For some reason I couldnt think of the actual term.

It was retarded to go for it, and it was retarded by a ref BEHIND the LOS to jump in and say 1st down.  Watching it live, I thought there was no way Brady got it.  But oh well, he threw a deep pick right after that which is just like a punt, which they should've done in the first place.  So call it a wash.

Not a wash because if Manning got it at the 47 yard line, he is going to score. That was pretty obvious.

Because I hate the Patriots.  I don't hate Manning, but I also don't want his milky white goodness on my chin like you do.

I will never, ever say those players aren't/weren't good.  Thurman is probably my favorite player of all-time.  And a Super Bowl doesn't put Trent Dilfer in Marino's or Kelly's class.  I would say Manning is already in their class.  But he has consistently been a favorite at every level to win a championship, and he has consistently failed to perform on the biggest stage.  There is one thing to get there and play great but lose in the end.  Manning has continuously played his worst game of his season when his team has needed him the most.

I thought last year and even the year before wasnt his fault. His defense has to play better in the playoffs also. He threw one bad pick in the playoffs last year. So what? So did Brady. Big deal.

If you think that doesn't make him less of a player, so be it.  Like I said, I love Thurmal, but there's no denying that his great career has a some black marks from his performances in those last three SB's.

827098[/snapback]

Yes. I dont believe SB's should determine whether a player is better than another player. Those 60 minutes do not make Brady better than Manning.