Seems like a decent betting week ...

Some interesting bets available:

1. Atlanta -5.5 at Detroit

Vick has been on fire the past couple of weeks throwing for 523 yards, 7 TD's and only 2 INTs. The Lions have lost to the Jets, Minnesota, St. Louis, Greenbay, and Chicago all by more than 5 points.

2. Giants -13 home against the Texans

On the road this year the Texans have lost by margins of 6, 28, and 19 points. An average of losing by 17.6 points per road game.

3. Chicago -13.5 home to Miami :w00t:

This game almost seems too easy to take. Thats usually bad news for me. B-) . Anyhow. The Bears are beating teams by a margin of 30.5 points at home. ALSO: The 4 teams that Chicago has played at home this season ALL have a better record than Miami. As I said. This game almost seems too easy to take.

4. Chicago/Miami OVER 37.5

I cant understand this. Chicago's last 4 games (over/under). 51 points, 47 points, 47 points, and 43 points. This once again, seems too easy.

4. San Diego -12.5 home to Cleveland

The Chargers are winning at home this season by an average margin of 19 points. Not to mention that 2 of those 3 home games were against atleast decent opponents in St. Louis and Pittsburgh.

6. Denver +3 at Pittsburgh *BET OF THE WEEK*

Personally for me this is the bet of the week. I could not think of a more guaranteed win that Denver beating Pittsburgh. No doubt they are all fired up from their close loss to Indi. Look for revenge.

Now imagine this. A parlay of

Atlanta, Giants, Chicago, Chicago/Miami over, San Diego, and Denver would result in a profit of $928 when betting $20. Personally I think $20 is worth a shot at $928. Better chance of you winning this then the lottery with 20 tickets if you ask me.

A teaser with the Atlanta (even), Miami/Chicago OVER 31, Chicago (-7.5), San Diego (-6.5), Denver (+9 :huh: ), and Giants (-7), would result in a profit of $210 when you bet $30.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck everyone.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah thats why I said this about the Chicago game "Thats usually bad news for me.  :w00t: "

haha

824305[/snapback]

But I admit, a couple of those you mentioned ARE very appealing.

The Atlanta one, and Denver imparticularly.

I'm also liking Tennessee +10.

Yo there are some good bets there...I'd take a flyer on the parlay if you want, but if you want to make some money, just pick your most confident game and drop the cash on that one.

Parlays are fun, but there is reason they rarely hit.

Denver is straight I think.

But I admit, a couple of those you mentioned ARE very appealing.

The Atlanta one, and Denver imparticularly.

I'm also liking Tennessee +10.

824307[/snapback]

I noticed the Tennessee one ... its just that Jacksonville is so hard to understand. One week they win a game by 20 and the next they lose to Houston. I cant get a good enough grasp on them to bet on them.

Denver seems so automatic ... also the Chicago over. I cant understand that. But im taking it.

Yo there are some good bets there...I'd take a flyer on the parlay if you want, but if you want to make some money, just pick your most confident game and drop the cash on that one.

Parlays are fun, but there is reason they rarely hit.

Denver is straight I think.

824308[/snapback]

Thats what I would do if I had $150 to bet ... just bet on a sure win. But this week Im only giving myself an allowance of $50 to bet on.

I noticed the Tennessee one ... its just that Jacksonville is so hard to understand. One week they win a game by 20 and the next they lose to Houston. I cant get a good enough grasp on them to bet on them.

824309[/snapback]

It is a divisional game, though.

And Tennessee has been playing every team tough the past month.

I kinda like the Chargers & Giants laying the lumber; otherwise not so much.

I would hate the Atlanta pick except Detroit's DL is really banged up. All of those games you mentioned were close save from the Bears game (and everyone gets blown out in Chicago). They outplayed the Vikings in Minnesota for 3 Qtrs and played even with the Rams in St. Louis. Vick has played a couple great games, but I don't see it as permanent.

Denver looks like the prototypical sucker bet. Pittsburgh is pretty much impossible to run on and the Broncos hadn't scored 20 pts before last week, so I don't know how they score if their defense doesn't get turnovers.

I've been on the Chiefs a lot this year but I love the Rams -2.5 because both teams are completely different home & away, so homefield is worth about triple what it normally is.

Also love the Bills -3 but I've already gone over this.

I kinda like the Chargers & Giants laying the lumber; otherwise not so much.

I would hate the Atlanta pick except Detroit's DL is really banged up.  All of those games you mentioned were close save from the Bears game (and everyone gets blown out in Chicago).  They outplayed the Vikings in Minnesota for 3 Qtrs and played even with the Rams in St. Louis.  Vick has played a couple great games, but I don't see it as permanent.

Denver looks like the prototypical sucker bet.  Pittsburgh is pretty much impossible to run on and the Broncos hadn't scored 20 pts before last week, so I don't know how they score if their defense doesn't get turnovers.

I've been on the Chiefs a lot this year but I love the Rams -2.5 because both teams are completely different home & away, so homefield is worth about triple what it normally is.

Also love the Bills -3 but I've already gone over this.

824324[/snapback]

Atlanta not beating Detroit by 6 would stun me.

Uhm. Pittsburgh gives up an average of 92 yards rushing a game. They gave up 109 yards and a TD to Vick and Dunn 2 weeks ago. Besides if you take the teaser then all Denver has to do is not lose by 10.

Atlanta not beating Detroit by 6 would stun me.

Uhm. Pittsburgh gives up an average of 92 yards rushing a game. They gave up 109 yards and a TD to Vick and Dunn 2 weeks ago. Besides if you take the teaser then all Denver has to do is not lose by 10.

824330[/snapback]

I realized a while ago you're good at looking up stats on the spot and that you're also really bad at putting those stats in context.

Those 92 yards are 8th best in the league. Atlanta ranks #1 in rushing offense every year; Tomlinson, LJ, and Rudi Johnson have all averaged under 3.0ypc and 50 yards. And this is all with their offense coughing the ball up the ball at an absurd rate. Of course it's possible their offense plays hot potato again; I just wouldn't bet on it.

I realized a while ago you're good at looking up stats on the spot and that you're also really bad at putting those stats in context.

HAHAHA :w00t::huh: ...

Those 92 yards are 8th best in the league.  Atlanta ranks #1 in rushing offense every year; Tomlinson, LJ, and Rudi Johnson have all averaged under 3.0ypc and 50 yards. And this is all with their offense coughing the ball up the ball at an absurd rate.  Of course it's possible their offense plays hot potato again; I just wouldn't bet on it.

824338[/snapback]

So what if its 8th best in the league? If one year giving up 300 passing yards/game is best in the league does that mean your team is great against the pass? no . it simply means you suck less .

92 yards is 92 yards ... now if you want to talk about a stat that seems like it should matter ... Denvers defense is 2nd in giving up points. They only give up 11 points a game. They will be facing an offense that has looked less than spectacular this year. They scored 0 against Jacksonville, 13 against San Diego, and 13 against Oakland.