Great article

bills_fan

Kelly wasn't approachable or even likeable. Kelly was and still is a dick.

Great article though.

823287[/snapback]

Did you have a bad encounter with him or something? I've met him several times - here in The BuffTown, and elsewhere - and he was very approachable and very cordial. What'd he do to you?

Great article though.

Pre 1989, I may have agreed with you. After that season, he took it upon himself to become a team leader & builder (ex. post-game parties at Jimbo's etc.). Most of his teammates did like him.

Pre 1989, I may have agreed with you.  After that season, he took it upon himself to become a team leader & builder (ex. post-game parties at Jimbo's etc.).  Most of his teammates did like him.

823356[/snapback]

Saw him and Testaverdi in '86 in a bar on Bourbon St., and just walked right up to him, introduced myself as a fan from Buffalo, and started talking and drinking with the guy. He coulda just said hi and given me 'the brush-off', but he was one of the nicest guys I've met in circumstances like that.

Did you have a bad encounter with him or something?  I've met him several times - here in The BuffTown, and elsewhere - and he was very approachable and very cordial.  What'd he do to you?

823349[/snapback]

Kelly touched him where his swimsuit covers.

Great article though.

823287[/snapback]

When I was really young, he was in the parking lot of a store, I noticed him and yelled. He invited me and my mom over and signed an autographed picture of himself for me.

I also have an autographed jersey from the day he entered the hall of fame, which a family member of mine approached him at the HOF for me.

Seems like a nice guy!

When I was really young, he was in the parking lot of a store, I noticed him and yelled.  He invited me and my mom over and signed an autographed picture of himself for me.

I also have an autographed jersey from the day he entered the hall of fame, which a family member of mine approached him at the HOF for me.

Seems like a nice guy!

823613[/snapback]

He's real nice until he gets you alone and he's been drinking the church wine...................

seriously though, I've always heard very decent things about him also, I was always under the impression that Thurman was the one with PMS

Did you have a bad encounter with him or something?  I've met him several times - here in The BuffTown, and elsewhere - and he was very approachable and very cordial.  What'd he do to you?

823349[/snapback]

I will leave well enough alone since half of the board will just say that I am full of crap anyway.

When I was 14 or 15, I seen him in the mall. This was probably in 89 or 90. Me & my friends went up to him, I said nice game yesterday Mr Kelly. My friend had to kelly posters that he had purchased that day. He like "thanks alot guys, can I sign those pictures". He seemed pretty cool & hospitable.