My 10 cents on the rest of the season

At this point, I just hope that the Bills finish better than last year. I am sick and tired of the media dissing Marv (as opposed to TD) and would hate to give any support to the notion that we have not upgraded our coaching staff.

I am sick and tired of the media dissing Marv (as opposed to TD) and would hate to give any support to the notion that we have not upgraded our coaching staff.

820600[/snapback]

Just ignore the media dissing Marv, it's a no win situation

If we continue to stink it up, Mort will take a quick break from slobbing Donahoe's knob so he can talk about how the Bills would have been better off with TD

If we miraculously turn things around, Mort will take a quick break from tongue scrubbing Donahoe's colon so he can talk about how Marv is winning with players Donahoe brought in

Starters:

Unless we are talking about a final game of the season that means the difference between Reggie Bush and Mario Williams (whoops...that wasn't the Reggie Bush Bowl after all), or the difference between Julius Peppers and Mike Williams, I would always rather win than lose, and rather go 6-10 than 4-12. Some of the 50 guys on this year's team will actually be back next year as our foundation, and 30 small slices of winning experience are more valuable than two slots in an inexact science draft.

I don't know how things will pan out, but if we play well 7-9 seems like a reasonable goal. Right now I'm most interested in the third win, because you always have to get that before the fourth.

Green Bay, Houston, Jets, Miami, and Tennessee are all winnable games. The problem is that so was Detroit, and we know how that worked out. On the flip side Minnesota should not have been a winnable game and we came away with that, so I don't view Jax, SD, and Baltimore as unwinnable (and hope we come to play against Indy too, but I'd keep my Bills pride away from the bookies for that one...).

How many of those we win remains to be seen. Winning all five winnable games seems a little unlikely for this team which has already lost to the Jets and Lions, but if the team gets on a roll it and/or an upset in one of the other games is possible.

Like many people, I look for progress and growth as more important right now than final record or draft position. We knew 2006 was going to be a learning experience and a tough season. Our hopes now are that the learning experience moves fast enough for us to have reasonable hopes for a competitive 2007 in year two of the Juaron era.