ND-Rutgers

IBTG81

I read an article where RU and ND signed a 10 year contract to play one another, which I think starts next year.

If anyone wants tickets to the game (provided it's in NJ), let me know. As alumni, I get 2 tickets for like 15 bucks.

According to Blue & Gold, ND's schedule is set through 2009. Some different opponents coming up; a home and home vs. very old rival UNC, a longer series with BC, and even a game against Syracuse in 2008.

I did see another site that had Rutgers on the schedule for 2010. ND usually has a game in the Meadowland every few years; most recently v. Navy in 2004. That was a fun game; seeing the Cadats march into the stadium is pretty cool.

According to Blue & Gold, ND's schedule is set through 2009.  Some different opponents coming up;  a home and home vs. very old rival UNC, a longer series with BC, and even a game against Syracuse in 2008.

I did see another site that had Rutgers on the schedule for 2010.  ND usually has a game in the Meadowland every few years;  most recently v. Navy in 2004.  That was a fun game;  seeing the Cadats march into the stadium is pretty cool.

817414[/snapback]

I'm trying to remember where I read this. It might have been ESPN. I remember getting all annoyed, because I want RU to face easy opponents. :doh:

I'll try and dig something up.

What's up everybody.  I was told about this board from a few guys from the San Jose Bills Backers.  Just wanted to drop in and say hello.  I'll be checking the board out and posting a little.  Talk to you all soon!

817450[/snapback]

The contract starts in 2010 and runs for 10 years.

I'll bring this back up in about 3 years! :doh:

USC and Ohio State have set up a home-and-home series for 2008 and 2009.  I give Tressell, the AD, and the Buckeyes credit- they aren't dodging anybody.

817780[/snapback]

Damn, I was hoping we'd setup another home and home with OSU. That was a fun series.

Damn, I was hoping we'd setup another home and home with OSU.  That was a fun series.

817792[/snapback]

I'm sure Texas has something in the works. These things are typically done WAY in advance. I believe USC has one opening on their 2010 schedule, to replace the OSU game from '08 and '09. Everything else is pretty much set.

I'm sure Texas has something in the works.  These things are typically done WAY in advance.  I believe USC has one opening on their 2010 schedule, to replace the OSU game from '08 and '09.  Everything else is pretty much set.

817812[/snapback]

Our schedule next year sucks. :-(

09/08                Texas Christian

09/15                at Central Florida

09/22                Rice

09/29                Kansas State

10/06                Oklahoma (at The Cotton Bowl)

10/13                at Iowa State

10/20                at Baylor

10/27                Nebraska

11/03                at Oklahoma State

11/10                Texas Tech

11/23  2:30p  ABC    at Texas A&M

I don't really like our 2007 schedule either: the Bucks play three other Ohio teams, all at home:

Sat 09/01/2007 Youngstown State Columbus, Ohio TBA

Sat 09/08/2007 Akron Columbus, Ohio TBA

Sat 09/15/2007 Washington Seattle, Wash. TBA

Sat 09/22/2007 Northwestern Columbus, Ohio TBA

Sat 09/29/2007 Minnesota Minneapolis, Minn. TBA

Sat 10/06/2007 Purdue West Lafayette, Ind. TBA

Sat 10/13/2007 Kent State Columbus, Ohio TBA

Sat 10/20/2007 Michigan State Columbus, Ohio TBA

Sat 10/27/2007 Penn State State College, Penn. TBA

Sat 11/03/2007 Wisconsin Columbus, Ohio TBA

Sat 11/10/2007 Illinois Columbus, Ohio TBA

Sat 11/17/2007 Michigan Ann Arbor, Mich. TBA

It's not a difficult schedule, at least until State College, and we miss Iowa. My concern is that the weenies in the media next year will say that the Bucks play a cupcake schedule.

Can't say that this year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.