I've had a whole day to digest this last nightmare

Mark Vader

After yesterday's sickening loss, I was furious, just ask JoeF. :doh:

However, instead of coming here yesterday to share my thoughts, I pretty much knew there would be hundreds of others doing the same thing. These next 2 weeks are going to be very long and boring and ugly, especially since we are 2-5.

So I decided to wait until today to post how I really feel about the NFL team I dearly love, but absolutely drives me insane.

1. J.P. Losman. I know I'm going to get hateful replies, but I still think we should stick with this guy. Believe it or not Losman has played far better this year than last year. He is not easily rattled, he has better control of the offense, he's throwing the ball with better precision, and he's moving the offense.

The big problems are that he has generated very few TD's, and he has turned the ball over far too may times.

It's frustrating to see it happen, because we all want to see our Bills score touchdowns, and have them go on 80 yard scoring drives while making it look easy.

Problem is the Bills are not that good yet. Neither is Losman, but I believe he can still become the QB we need.

I disagree with other fans who say the Bills need to draft a QB in 2007. That will get us nowhere. There is no quick-fix at QB for the Bills. I have to be the one to say this to all of you out there, NOT EVERY ROOKIE QB IS GOING TO DO WHAT BEN ROETHLISBERGER DID!!!!! Sorry for yelling, but it had to be said. Until Roethlisberger came around, how many rookie QB's won their first 15 games?

Answer: 0. Granted Losman is in his 3rd year, but he has'nt played a full season of games. He's the best we've got and we have to accept it. No matter how painful the season gets.

Now if Marv Levy & co. do not think Losman is the guy at season's end, then so be it. I just hope that if they go with another QB it is with some kind of seasoned NFL player, and not some rookie who we will have to wait another 2 years for to develop.

2. The rest of the team. On defense we have something building with all of our rookies, who I think in time will become outstanding players.

I think the Bills should do everything to re-sign "The Playmaker". Even though I get angry every time he misses a tackle, he is still our best CB. He's asking for way to much money, but the Bills have the cap space and should seriously consider signing him long term. Unless Ashton Youboty shows us that he's Deion Sanders, Aeneas Williams, Ronnie Lott, & Dick"Night Train" Lane all in one, "The Playmaker" should stay.

Terrence McGee is on the hot seat. I have talked to fans who have been Bills fans longer than me, and I have asked them if the have ever seen a better KR for the Bills than McGee. Everyone tells me, "No". As a CB though McGee is getting constantly picked on and at times getting burned badly. This is another reason to re-sign "The Playmaker".

Keep London Fletcher-Baker at all costs. Yes he's on the wrong side of 30, but I see no signs of him slowing down. He's good for at least 3 more years maybe 4.

It might be time to say bye-bye to Chris Kelsay. He has his moments, but not enough consistency. Schoebel is our only real threat at DE.

The 2006 Draft was all about defense, the 2007 Draft should be all about offense.

Villarial is up there so he is expendable, Gandy is having trouble so he should be replaced, but heep him as a back-up. Peters, Reyes, and Fowler are fine.

McGahee is doing good, just needs to stop stutter stepping. How much money will he want the following year?

Anthony Thomas signed for only a year, what say we try and re-sign him for 2 more years? Can't hurt.

Could we use our 1st pick on a WR? Lee Evans is basically all by himself. Price is adequate, Reed is best at #3, Aiken is a ST'er, Davis has been unimpressive, and Parrish is more of a situational player. We need another solid starter alongside Evans.

At Tight End Royal is good enough, still it would be nice if we had another TE.

3. Summary. I said before that the Bills are a 7-9 or 8-8 team. I still stand by that.

We are a rebuilding team. Now of course as fans we expect the Bills to go undefeated every season. It's only natural. The fact is the Bills as a whole just is'nt there yet. Marv Levy said he had a plan to make this team a contender, and I am still willing to go along with him. We'll just have to wait and see.

No matter how bad it gets, I will be there every Sunday cheering my heart out for the Bills on every single play.

I BILLIEVE

GO BILLS!!!!!