Someone tell me

How is it that the JETS of all teams can manage to hire a GM who understands that winning begins on the OL and addresses it IMMEDIATELY, then goes out and hires a belichick disciple to head coach their team...

While our geriatric owner hires a guy who's never been a GM, let alone in the salary cap era. One that promptly goes out and brings in Marvin Fowler and Tutan Reyes while drafting almost entirely for defense, and mostly in the secondary?

It's mind-boggling. Like some of the old-timers say, though, it shouldn't be a suprise. *This* is the historically-accurate Bills, not the SB teams.

How is it that the JETS of all teams can manage to hire a GM who understands that winning begins on the OL and addresses it IMMEDIATELY, then goes out and hires a belichick disciple to head coach their team...

While our geriatric owner hires a guy who's never been a GM, let alone in the salary cap era. One that promptly goes out and brings in Marvin Fowler and Tutan Reyes while drafting almost entirely for defense, and mostly in the secondary?

It's mind-boggling. Like some of the old-timers say, though, it shouldn't be a suprise. *This* is the historically-accurate Bills, not the SB teams.

813802[/snapback]

Reyes may be suspect but Fowler has been a good pickup. For this O-line, he and Peters are definitely starters in this league. Maybe Gandy can be a better guard but everywhere else should definitely be upgraded.

hmmmm...and who was it saying we shouldn't draft anyone under 300 lbs? I think you are right that it always STARTS in the trenches. i suspect the administration is now aware of this. We did get some terrific players this year, but we've got a ways to go. THIS IS A REBUILDING year. We'll see if JP is the guy (he's not looking all that good right now, but may improve throughout the year,and if not I'll make ONE exception to my 300 lb minimum. The trick is to hold our nose and get through this season.

813802[/snapback]

Its not like the Bills could have drafted D'Brickashaw Ferguson, even if they had wanted to.

And its not like we didn't have some serious issues on the defensive line and secondary either....

JDG

Its not like the Bills could have drafted D'Brickashaw Ferguson, even if they had wanted to.

813833[/snapback]

They could have, had they only lost to the Bengals.

And as far as NEED goes, the OL's been a need for longer than either of the two D spots.

And its not like we didn't have some serious issues on the defensive line and secondary either....

JDG

813833[/snapback]

The Bills actually did a good job in this Draft...Whinter was a great pick, Kyle Williams for Eric Who (what has he done this year), Simpson & Ellison (will take over for Fletcher) will be good...they may as well play Yobouty and kiss Clements goodbye, McCargo broken foot again...that worries me...

I am just hoping that the scouts did a good enough job knowing what talent should be coming out this year and next year...and they draft players accordingly...Its obvious the Oline (LT & RG) needs to be next and yeah...we need a Fat DT...it will be 3 more years...I think we will see quite a bit more player turnover....remember when TD let Holecek, Rogers, Washington, Williams, Winfield go? This time it will be London, Clements, Gandy, Villariel, possibly JP and even TKO if he turns into Cowart....