• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to post links.  I had no idea what you were talking about :doh:

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/10/18/football.threats/index.html

Cw

809889[/snapback]

I just figured that with it being in the news here, and it effecting 7 stadiums, everyone would be fmiliar with the story.

Security isn't allowing panel trucks, etc near the stadium.

OK if I'm a terrorist I'm thinking, light plane, powdered plutonium. crop dusting.

You get the picture.

I just figured that with it being in the news here, and it effecting 7 stadiums, everyone would be fmiliar with the story.

Security isn't allowing panel trucks, etc near the stadium.

OK if I'm a terrorist I'm thinking, light plane, powdered plutonium. crop dusting.

You get the picture.

809892[/snapback]

Yeah don't worry, unshielded plutonium won't disable the pilot in a matter of minutes. :doh:

Sorry, not as simple as you think.

First off getting the material.

Shielding it.

And then effectively distributing all while "protecting" the deliverer long enough to deliver.

All while going undetected by sensor and flying under the radar to not get picked up by military patrols.

Yeah don't worry, unshielded plutonium won't disable the pilot in a matter of minutes.   :doh:

First off getting the material. Not as difficult as you think

Shielding it.  It doesnt take much plutonium so lead (weight) shielding wouldnt be excessive

And then effectively distributing all while "protecting" the deliverer long enough to deliver.  I doubt the protection of the pilot would be a concern- i.e. 9/11. Cut a hole in the fuselage.  Open a trap door, Voila.All while going undetected by sensor sensors? where? At our phenomenally unguarded borders? and flying under the radar  lke the piper cub that crashed into the building in NYC?to not get picked up by military patrols. A piper was stolen from a So. Florida Airport and landed in Cuba.  Neither Military knew anything about it.

809895[/snapback]

Yeah don't worry, unshielded plutonium won't disable the pilot in a matter of minutes.  :doh:

Shielding it. 

And then effectively distributing all while "protecting" the deliverer long enough to deliver.

All while going undetected by sensor and flying under the radar to not get picked up by military patrols.

809895[/snapback]

Plutonium's an alpha emitter. You can shield it with a piece of paper. If the pilot's wearing clothes, he's protected.

Yeah don't worry, unshielded plutonium won't disable the pilot in a matter of minutes.  :doh:

Shielding it. 

809895[/snapback]

You're right on VABills, I just had a refresher Rad class the other day for my work, (due to working near a Nuke plant).

Dirty bombs was one of the topics..

More of a threat from the explosion which would cause it to detonate, than the radiation.

Like you said, they'd have a hard time working around an unshielded "source" for any amount of time without having after effects.

We have the abilities to detect and track significant "sources"..

809931[/snapback]

What do you consider 'significant'?

We couldn't track guys with boxcutters.

809956[/snapback]

Boxcutters don't emit radiation. What they can do with radiation sensors is pretty damned amazing.

809931[/snapback]

What do you consider 'significant'?

We couldn't track guys with boxcutters.

809956[/snapback]

Gamma Nuclear sources, (not guys with boxcutters). Aircraft and sattelite can detect/track them...

Boxcutters don't emit radiation. What they can do with radiation sensors is pretty damned amazing.

809972[/snapback]

What they can do with EZ pass is amazing too.

Except not everyone has EZ pass on all parts of their interstate

Wait...you're not going to tell me I'm wrong because even though I've worked with radioactive materials in college physics labs, you're a Marine and therefore right?

Who are you, and where's the real VABills?  :doh:

809922[/snapback]

I kidnapped him.