Best hits of all time - Clements

FSNY has a show on right now about the best hits of all time ... Clements hit on Tom Brady (not sure which year, but it was with the old astroturf) was ranked #11 ... I cant remember the hit to be honest, but it was pretty nice ...

P.S. to be honest I was suprised it was Clements - it didnt look like his body type/face mask

EDIT: here is the video ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLJh1sKZNpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pats WR (Patten I think?) catches the ball in bounds in OT, fumbles in bounds, gets knocked out, Bills recover in bounds, Bills ball.

After further review, it's Pats ball because the ball was touching Patten's leg while his helmet was touching out of bounds, so the play was supposedly dead. Antoine Smith ran 50 yards on the next play to set up a FG.

Just another retarded call not made in the spirit of the rule. Walking out of the stadium I was pissed, but a part of me thought: "better draft pick and at least Miami isn't going to win the division". If only I had known it would springboard the tuck rule, and the most undeserving champion in sports history.

Pats WR (Patten I think?) catches the ball in bounds in OT, fumbles in bounds, gets knocked out, Bills recover in bounds, Bills ball. 

After further review, it's Pats ball because the ball was touching Patten's leg while his helmet was touching out of bounds, so the play was supposedly dead.  Antoine Smith ran 50 yards on the next play to set up a FG.

Just another retarded call not made in the spirit of the rule.  Walking out of the stadium I was pissed, but a part of me thought: "better draft pick and at least Miami isn't going to win the division".  If only I had known it would springboard the tuck rule, and the most undeserving champion in sports history.

809647[/snapback]

It was Brady. Clements killed Brady knocking him unconscious near the sideline. Part of his unconscious body laid out of bounds and the fumbled ball was in play touching the rest of his body (in play). The Bills recovered the fumble. The ruling was the ball was dead because it was touching a player who was out of bounds.

It was Brady. Clements killed Brady knocking him unconscious near the sideline. Part of his unconscious body laid out of bounds and the fumbled ball was in play touching his body. The Bills recovered the fumble. The ruling was the ball was dead because it was touching a player who was out of bounds.

809655[/snapback]

They were two separate plays. Brady lost his helmet but not the ball.

At least you got the Clements part right.....Phil Hansen?  :unsure:

809664[/snapback]

I just watched the thing.

The hit was Phil Hansen hitting Tom Brady. Hansen launched himself into him while Brady was scrambling.

I keep rewinding it bud ... its definately Clements. Unless Hansen turned his number to 22 and put "clements" on the back of his jersey for that one play  :unsure:

809667[/snapback]

You and I both know that Clements can't tackle. So I highly doubt it would be him. :P