Our vice president is right about Iraq

The liberal anti-american mainstream press is in a dizzy over comments from our VP that contridict the lies we hear from CBS, ABC, MSNBC etc. Cheney is right. In comparsion to other wars of similar size and duration, the # of casualties is remarkably low and the "jihadists" and terrorist militias are a long way from achieving anything close to a victory.

The Democrats and the mainstream Press who had declared defeat in Iraq almost as soon as the operation began have worked themselves into such a Defeatist frenzy the past few years that they are incapable of seeing the successes or the slow march to victory that we and the new Iraqi government are achieving. Every day the new Iraq government stays in power, it gets stronger.

Every day, the terrorists fail to ignite an all out civil war, they lose more ground.

The anti-war, anti Bush Left seems to think that the # of casualties is proof that we are losing or have lost. That is simply not true.

It is proof only that we are fighting in support of the free and democratic Iraq against the forces of tyranny. Anbd ourt enemies are fighting just as hard. They know how important it is for them to keep democracy out of Iraq. How important it is for them to make Iraq a trerrorist stronghold free to plot, plan and dfevelop weapons to be used against the west. Too bad the democrats are to stupid to understand that Iraq is the frontline in the "war on terror"

Strangely enough, the dems and most of the people here on retort support the terrorist forces of tyranny and would like to see them win in Iraq.

I wonder how the defeaticrats here would have commented on the Civil War, WW1 or WW2 when the fighting was at its most intense. I imagine, if they were true to form, most would have called for "cutting and running' the moment the fighting began.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you afford that much, especially after the Nazi Holcomb arm posts? 

You will not get money to father children if you keep it up.

808876[/snapback]

I do not have much to spare, which is why I made the...what was I saying?

The liberal anti-american mainstream press is in a dizzy over comments from our VP that contridict the lies we hear from CBS, ABC, MSNBC etc. Cheney is right. In comparsion to other wars of similar size and duration, the # of casualties is remarkably low and the "jihadists" and terrorist militias are a long way from achieving anything close to a victory.

The Democrats and the mainstream Press who had declared defeat in Iraq almost as soon as the operation began have worked themselves into such a Defeatist frenzy the past few years that they are incapable of seeing the successes or the slow march to victory that we and the new Iraqi government are achieving. Every day the new Iraq government stays in power, it gets stronger.

Every day, the terrorists fail to ignite an all out civil war, they lose more ground.

The anti-war, anti Bush Left seems to think that the # of casualties is proof that we are losing or have lost. That is simply not true.

It is proof only that we are fighting in support of the free and democratic Iraq against the forces of tyranny. Anbd ourt enemies are fighting just as hard. They know how important it is for them to keep democracy out of Iraq. How important it is for them to make Iraq a trerrorist stronghold free to plot, plan and dfevelop weapons to be used against the west. Too bad the democrats are to stupid to understand that Iraq is the frontline in the "war on terror"

Strangely enough, the dems and most of the people here on retort support the terrorist forces of tyranny and would like to see them win in Iraq.

I wonder how the defeaticrats here would have commented on the Civil War, WW1 or WW2 when the fighting was at its most intense. I imagine, if they were true to form, most would have called for "cutting and running' the moment the fighting began.

808863[/snapback]

While it's correct to say that American casualties are light relative to both the size of the force in Iraq and to past wars...damn near everything else in your post is nonsense.

And the Democrats did make the same comments on the Civil War. George McClellan ran as a Democrat in 1864 on a platform on roughly the same anti-war platform modern Democrats use ("Lincoln bad! Debacle! No blood for emancipation!")

The liberal anti-american mainstream press is in a dizzy over comments from our VP that contridict the lies we hear from CBS, ABC, MSNBC etc. Cheney is right.

808863[/snapback]

I stopped reading right there. Of course the liberal media outlets lie directly to us, but the Vice President would never, EVER, even think of telling the American people an untruth.

By the way, how is Cheney presenting his message to the American people? Is it via one of these lying, liberal news stations, by any chance?

Anbd ourt enemies are fighting just as hard. They know how important it is for them to keep democracy out of Iraq. How important it is for them to make Iraq a trerrorist stronghold free to plot, plan and dfevelop weapons to be used against the west.

808863[/snapback]

So Al Qaeda will be training jihadists from maddrassas, and then sending them directly to the new Bin Laden Institute of Advanced Sciences and Technology? :doh:

I stopped reading right there.  Of course the liberal media outlets lie directly to us, but the Vice President would never, EVER, even think of telling the American people an untruth. 

By the way, how is Cheney presenting his message to the American people?  Is it via one of these lying, liberal news stations, by any chance?

808911[/snapback]

Why am I not surprised?

This made me chuckle. Can I get it on a bumper sticker?

809083[/snapback]

Actually, it wasn't too far off the mark, either. Not that they had soundbytes back then...but the Emancipation Proclamation did in part cause a morale crisis in the Union Army. Lots of Northerners were fighting to maintain the union, but didn't want to fight to free slaves.

History tends to be a lot different than what we learned in elementary school...

Actually, it wasn't too far off the mark, either.  Not that they had soundbytes back then...but the Emancipation Proclamation did in part cause a morale crisis in the Union Army.  Lots of Northerners were fighting to maintain the union, but didn't want to fight to free slaves.

History tends to be a lot different than what we learned in elementary school...

809093[/snapback]

You're right, but they did teach us that the civil war wasn't all about freeing the slaves in high school. :doh: