My Top 10

bartshan-83

Ohio St.- No brainer

Michigan- Can survive w/o Manningham, but need him for OSU

USC- Living off their rep right now. Oregon Cal ND in consecutive games in Nov, luckily all in LA. They will lose one of those if they play the way they're playing now. Doubts creeping in about Booty. Blowout win at Arkansas looks much bigger now.

WVU- Run run run. D still a liability. Take the over vs. Louisville.

Florida- The brutal schedule continues. Leak plays like an 18-year old senior sometimes. But, they lost at Auburn- not at home vs. Arkansas

ND- Lost once to the #2 team. They are dangerous lying in the weeds until the USC game. Untested till then.

Texas- Didn't really know where to put them. I said McCoy would get better, he's coming around. If they played Louisville tomorrow I'd say Texas by 10.

Louisville- Remember when the Big East 'powers' went to the ACC? I see two Big East teams and ZERO ACC teams in the championship picture.

Tennessee- Not sold on these guys, but for an SEC team, their remaining schedule is not all that bad.

Cal- Played one horrible half in the first game at Tennessee, and have been dominant since.

Texas- Didn't really know where to put them.  I said McCoy would get better, he's coming around.  If they played Louisville tomorrow I'd say Texas by 10.

808713[/snapback]

I disagree with you re: McCoy. He scares the sh-- out of me everytime he goes to pass. He throws way too many balls between two defenders or that is a perfect opportunity to be a pick. We haven't played good enough defenders to expose him yet.

Case in point: One of this 6 touchdowns vs Baylor was right to a defender, and the WR took it out of the defender's hands to score the TD.

His decision making hasn't improved at all.

I disagree with you re: McCoy.  He scares the sh-- out of me everytime he goes to pass.  He throws way too many balls between two defenders or that is a perfect opportunity to be a pick.  We haven't played good enough defenders to expose him yet.

Case in point:  One of this 6 touchdowns vs Baylor was right to a defender, and the WR took it out of the defender's hands to score the TD.

His decision making hasn't improved at all.

808963[/snapback]

You would know better than I would, certainly. Since OSU I've really only watched Texas in the OU game. I hear what you're saying about decision making. You almost wish in a game like Baylor, they would pick that off and return it for 6. Better to learn from mistakes in a game like that rather than figuring it out when you are holding a 3-point lead at Nebraska.

Booty for USC looked solid to start the year, but he has been fair-to-bad the last three weeks. Of course, he didn't have Jarrett for two of those weeks, and then got Jarrett back but didn't have Steve Smith last week. Still, they are not really taking advantage of scoring opportunities, and are letting some weak teams hang around. Booty threw a HORRIBLE pick late in the 3rd quarter which ASU returned for a TD to complete their 21-point comeback. If it was Oregon, Cal, or ND instead of WSU, UW, or ASU the last three weeks, there's no doubt in my mind the Trojans would've lost.

Ohio St.- No brainer

USC- Living off their rep right now.  Oregon Cal ND in consecutive games in Nov, luckily all in LA.  They will lose one of those if they play the way they're playing now.  Doubts creeping in about Booty.  Blowout win at Arkansas looks much bigger now.

WVU- Run run run.  D still a liability.  Take the over vs. Louisville.

Florida- The brutal schedule continues.  Leak plays like an 18-year old senior sometimes.  But, they lost at Auburn- not at home vs. Arkansas

ND- Lost once to the #2 team.  They are dangerous lying in the weeds until the USC game.  Untested till then.

Texas- Didn't really know where to put them.  I said McCoy would get better, he's coming around.  If they played Louisville tomorrow I'd say Texas by 10.

Louisville- Remember when the Big East 'powers' went to the ACC?  I see two Big East teams and ZERO ACC teams in the championship picture.

Tennessee- Not sold on these guys, but for an SEC team, their remaining schedule is not all that bad.

Cal- Played one horrible half in the first game at Tennessee, and have been dominant since.

808713[/snapback]

Very good assessment

Only change I would make to your list is to give props to undefeated Louisville and move them up to #5

Ohio St.- No brainer

USC- Living off their rep right now.  Oregon Cal ND in consecutive games in Nov, luckily all in LA.  They will lose one of those if they play the way they're playing now.  Doubts creeping in about Booty.  Blowout win at Arkansas looks much bigger now.

WVU- Run run run.  D still a liability.  Take the over vs. Louisville.

Florida- The brutal schedule continues.  Leak plays like an 18-year old senior sometimes.  But, they lost at Auburn- not at home vs. Arkansas

ND- Lost once to the #2 team.  They are dangerous lying in the weeds until the USC game.  Untested till then.

Louisville- Remember when the Big East 'powers' went to the ACC?  I see two Big East teams and ZERO ACC teams in the championship picture.

808713[/snapback]

I like these rankings too. I'm not so sure Florida isn't the 3rd best team in the country right now - they were kinda jobbed @Auburn (an "opposite tuck rule" where a clear incompletion was ruled a fumble) and it's absurd to put them behind Tennessee when they beat 'em at their place.

Very good assessment

Only change I would make to your list is to give props to undefeated Louisville and move them up to #5

809387[/snapback]

I thought I was giving them props by putting them at #8. Speaking honestly, I haven't seen them play since early on when they lost Bush. I just know they have an RB-by-committee in there- I haven't really assessed them. Brohm is a tough, solid QB. I don't question their record, I just question who they're playing.

Putting them at #5 on my top-10...That means you see them beating Florida, Notre Dame, and Texas if they played at a neutral site this Saturday? I say no way. Look who Louisville has played:

Kentucky (3-4)

Temple (0-7)

Miami (4-2)

Kansas St (4-3)

Middle Tennesee St (3-3)

Cincinnati (3-4)

Here's how those teams faired against Louisville, and against other various opponents:

Kentucky lost 59-28 @ UL (UL had Bush.) Lost @ Florida 26-7; Lost @ LSU 49-0.

Temple lost 62-0 vs. UL. Also lost 62-0 to Minnesota, and lost to UB (!!!)

Miami lost 31-7 @ UL. Lost 13-7 to FSU. Four wins came against Florida A&M, Houston (14-13!!!), UNC, and Florida International. Combined record of those four: 8-18

Kansas St lost 24-6 vs. UL. Lost 21-3 vs. Nebraska. Wins came against Illinois St (1-AA), Florida Atlantic, Marshall, and Oklahoma St. Possibly Louisville's best win.

Middle Tennessee St lost 44-17 vs. UL. Lost 59-0 @ Oklahoma. Three wins are against FIU (0-7), Tennessee Tech (2-5 in 1-AA) and North Texas (2-4).

Cincinnatti lost 23-17 @ UL. Lost 37-7 @ Ohio St, 29-13 @ Va Tech, and 33-15 vs. Pitt. Three wins came against Eastern Kentucky (2-5 in 1-AA), and MAC schools Miami of Ohio (1-6) and Akron (2-4).

Holy schit!!! Looking at that, I can't believe I have Louisville in the top-10. THEY'VE PLAYED NOBODY! Remaining schedule is Cuse, WVU, Rutgers, S. Florida, Pitt, and UConn. We'll find out soon enough if this team is a pretender or contender. Right now, I'd say pretender.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.