after we draft Brady Quinn next year

PJBrown

I think JP and Fairchild are just as much a blame for pass protection as the O-line is. I mean any QB would love to have 5-7 seconds in the pocket. You can't expect an average O-line to consistently block long developing pass plays, especially with a young QB who holds on to the ball too long. Overall this year the O-line hasn't been stellar but not as bad as it looks or some has made it seem. Take yesterday; 2-3 sacks are definitely on the line; especially the one that led to the fumble. But JP held the ball too long on numerous occasions wating for his initial read to get open. The offense didn't develop any rhythm until the 4th quarter and that is when there were more 3 step drops called. Maybe Reed should be more involved as he does seem to drag defenders for extra yards.

If we continue playing this way our 1st pick should be:

Joe Thomas, OT Wisconsin

Other considerations could be:

Quentin Moses, DE Georgia

Paul Posluszny, LB Penn State

Unless someone decides we need offensive firepower. In which case it will be one of the following:

Adrian Peterson, RB Oklahoma

Marshawn Lynch, RB California

Calvin Johnson, WR Georgia Tech

Ted Ginn Jr., WR Ohio State

I highly doubt you'll see Buffalo draft a DT with their first pick after picking McCargo in the 1st, Williams in the 5th, and signing Larry Tripplett last season. I could see Buffalo trading for Mcfarland today or tommorrow or signing a veteran DT this offseason. But getting another young DT in here is not the way to go.

As for DB being the first pick, I doubt that as well. We spent a top-10 pick on Whitner, drafted Simpson in the 4th, and youboty in the 3rd. Not to mention, McGee isn't very old himself. We'll need a veteran in here to replace Nate and help McGee and Youboty.