Bills demoted on Albany radio

Albany,n.y.

Last week was the 1st week there were no Yankee games (when I've been home)when the Bills are on at the same time. I tuned in 1300 AM WTMM & found no pregame show. Then at 1, the NE Patriots came on & I found the Bills at 103.9 FM WQBK.

I just checked the radio listings in the Sunday paper and they list the Bills game on 103.5 & 103.9 today. They show that 1300 is now broadcasting the national games: 1-Cincy @ TB & 4:15-KC @ Pit. Also I don't think there are any pre or post game shows on the FM stations.

Support for the Bills is slipping in the Albany media. Just 2 weeks ago, they showed the Ten-Dal game instead of Min-Bills on the Fox station. Now we're moved to the radio network station's backups.

Fortunately, the Bills are on local TV today & we can watch the game without having to go to a bar. Petrino is coming up & we're going to a friend's house who has a 50" tv.

I'm just glad I only have 8 games a year to put up with this stuff. If I didn't attend half the games, it would be making me even crazier than I am now. Plus today, I assume because of the storm, I can't get WGR or 97rock on the stream for the pregame stuff.

Support for the Bills is slipping in the Albany media.

Advertisers and ultimately the listening audience make this decision, not the media. Geographically, as distance increaseses there's a decrease in fan interest. When you get to 350 miles distance, that fan base has significantly decreased. The only thing that can increase it is a very good team. Assuming the Bills are headed in the right direction and make a quantum leap next year, I would project fan interest to increase a lot beginning in early November of 07... that's when the bandwagoners come out of the woodwork... when the team looks like it's almost a lock for playoff contention.