Chicago/Detroit

OGTEleven

We're a young team. That means we can have good games that are unexpected and bad games that are unexpected. It also means we can afford very few mistakes, even against marginal teams.

I said to someone yesterday that I thought the Bills would go 1-1 in their next two games. What I meant was that if Chicago had been too high after the Seattle game we might have a crack at them. It may have been the best time to play the Bears.

If we had beaten the Bears I could easily see us reading our press clippings and gettting beaten by the Lions. Their record is bad but they are not that bad.

Now that the Bills have had a rude awakening I think they'll be focused for next week. I hope I'm right. If the Bills win, the NE game will be a huge opportunity. If not, it will still be important but not likely such an open window to the future.

We're a young team.  That means we can have good games that are unexpected and bad games that are unexpected.  It also means we can afford very few mistakes, even against marginal teams. 

I said to someone yesterday that I thought the Bills would go 1-1 in their next two games.  What I meant was that if Chicago had been too high after the Seattle game we might have a crack at them.  It may have been the best time to play the Bears.

If we had beaten the Bears I could easily see us reading our press clippings and gettting beaten by the Lions.  Their record is bad but they are not that bad. 

Now that the Bills have had a rude awakening I think they'll be focused for next week.  I hope I'm right.  If the Bills win, the NE game will be a huge opportunity.  If not, it will still be important but not likely such an open window to the future.

799713[/snapback]

Wow, right with you on this. Had we beaten the Bears and Detroit remained win less I thought we had a very good chance of having a letdown the following week. Now I don't like the chance of a let down, but unfortunately Detroit is still win less. It's a game we should win, but the Lions tend to play well at home, and will be desperate.