My Fantasy Football Rant...

bartshan-83

So my girlfriend's dad is in a league and I've helped him out the past couple years drafting and managing...we seem to be heading in the right direction. We are 3-0, but likely going to lose this week....

So here's my beef...the way FA pickups work in this league is that everyone submits waiver claims starting Tuesday and the league commish sorts everything out on Saturday (this was unknown to us, we didn't realize he waited so long to get his sh-- together). The worst record team gets precedent if multiple teams want the same player.

So anyway, we have Eli and Trent Green so we were without a QB this week. I put in a claim for Favre on Tuesday, and I don't hear anything until Friday. Girl's dad makes a call to see what is going on. Comish explains that he doesn't do anything until Saturday but that someone else already put in a claim for Favre so we should pick another QB. So I want Charlie Frye and we also rank our top 5 choices just in case something happens (tragically, Alex Smith was #2 :devil: ).

Anyway, Sunday morning I check the team and we didn't get Frye, we got Alex '90 fking yds and 2 picks' Smith. But here is the kicker, the league comish who we spoke to the previous day takes Frye (he gets him b/c he has a worse record). AND we play him this week.

The reason this doesn't sit will with me is that, as comish, he can see all of the waiver claims that everyone has put in. He can see who everyone is trying to get and act accordingly. Plus, in addition to taking Frye, he didn't even play him...he started Culpepper!! It was almost as if he took him just so we couldn't.

So long story short, we lose 21 pts. by having Smith instead of Frye and we are losing by 9 pts right now with only Donald Driver to save us.

So yeah Smith fked us and it was ultimately our fault for picking him, but I feel like we got hosed. If karma exists, Driver will score a long TD to win this game for us!!

So my girlfriend's dad is in a league and I've helped him out the past couple years drafting and managing...we seem to be heading in the right direction.  We are 3-0, but likely going to lose this week....

So here's my beef...the way FA pickups work in this league is that everyone submits waiver claims starting Tuesday and the league commish sorts everything out on Saturday (this was unknown to us, we didn't realize he waited so long to get his sh-- together).  The worst record team gets precedent if multiple teams want the same player.

So anyway, we have Eli and Trent Green so we were without a QB this week.  I put in a claim for Favre on Tuesday, and I don't hear anything until Friday.  Girl's dad makes a call to see what is going on.  Comish explains that he doesn't do anything until Saturday but that someone else already put in a claim for Favre so we should pick another QB.  So I want Charlie Frye and we also rank our top 5 choices just in case something happens (tragically, Alex Smith was #2 :P ).

Anyway, Sunday morning I check the team and we didn't get Frye, we got Alex '90 fking yds and 2 picks' Smith.  But here is the kicker, the league comish who we spoke to the previous day takes Frye (he gets him b/c he has a worse record).  AND we play him this week.

The reason this doesn't sit will with me is that, as comish, he can see all of the waiver claims that everyone has put in.  He can see who everyone is trying to get and act accordingly.  Plus, in addition to taking Frye, he didn't even play him...he started Culpepper!!  It was almost as if he took him just so we couldn't.

So long story short, we lose 21 pts. by having Smith instead of Frye and we are losing by 9 pts right now with only Donald Driver to save us.

So yeah Smith fked us and it was ultimately our fault for picking him, but I feel like we got hosed.  If karma exists, Driver will score a long TD to win this game for us!!

793575[/snapback]

I got screwed in a similar fashion with my fantasy baseball team. That's why I will only join on-line leagues, it's all automated. You have to be very trusting of a commishioner is your league, becuase he gets an unfair advantage every week.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.