Ohio State - Iowa

buckeyemike

Two years ago, I posted this when OSU lost in Iowa City, 33-7.

That loss made the Buckeyes 3-3 after six games in 2004.

Since that loss, the Buckeyes are 19-3, and of course, currently ranked #1, and I say they stay there until somebody beats them.

I was not impressed by Iowa in the Syracuse game, where the Orange nearly beat them, but playing in Iowa City is much different. I don't know what it is about Kinnick Stadium, but the place seems to bring out the best in the Hawkeyes and the worst in their opponents. Also, there isn't a hotel room to be had within 100 miles of Iowa City.

One thing I did find out today...Iowa has played the number one team in the nation eight times in their history.

The Hawkeyes' record in those eight games? 0-7-1.

I think that the Buckeyes have to start fast and take a rabid crowd of 71,000 bumblebees out of the game...quickly. Because if they start out like they did against Penn State and Cincinnati, they will lose. Iowa's a much better team than the Lions or Bearcats.

Troy will have a good game, and the defense should hold up. Hopefully, Tressel invested in about a hundred sets of earplugs for the loud Hawkeyes crowd.

Buckeyes to prevail, 24-14, and stay at #1.

Mike

I'm just hoping for a good game. Would like to see Iowa win, as I root against tOSU and Michigan almost every game; but I have to admit that game at the end of the year would be pretty sweet if they're both undefeated.

Elsewhere in the Big 10, Mich. St. just lost to Illinois at home, rofl. Either Mich. St. sucks really really bad, or maybe Cuse isn't that terrible?

Weak performance by the Hawks.  Am I missing something about Kirk Ferentz?

790853[/snapback]

No, I think the Hawkeyes were overrated. Ferentz is a good coach, who worked under Belichick with the Browns. He was a candidate for that job before Romeo Crennel was hired, and I think he could make a decent pro coach.

As for the game, I think that Ohio State did exactly what they had to do.

The most challenging game left on their schedule is Michigan, who could very well be unbeaten themselves, in Columbus on November 18.

da da da da, da da da da GO BUCKS!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.