Fun Reading

The Warden

A-Rod appeared headed to the New York Mets until Boras wore out general manager Steve Phillips with exotic requests. They included a private jet for road trips, personal office space at the ballpark, a merchandising tent to sell all things A-Rod and more billboard exposure than the Yankees give shortstop Derek Jeter.

<_<:lol:

A quarter of a billion dollars and he is still a self conscious loser. I don't care how much spin they put on it, there is no way that a world class player like Jeter has an ounce of respect for this gutless turd.

What is an "ocular enhancer machine"?  (see:  Carlos Beltran on link).  <_<

790066[/snapback]

From another article I Googled....

"Beltran will get an array of perks as part of the contract, including a hotel suite on all trips and a 15-person luxury suite for home games, although he must buy tickets for the suite for any postseason games. In the most unusual clause of the deal, the Mets agreed to lease for Beltran an ocular enhancer machine, a device that throws colored, numbered tennis balls to batters at 150 mph or faster."

From another article I Googled....

an ocular enhancer machine, a device that throws colored, numbered tennis balls to batters at 150 mph or faster."

790113[/snapback]

The US women's softball team coaches developed this. They would have the hitters in the cage trying to identify the number on the ball. This has shown to be an effective "eye training" method and its use is spreading. 150 MPH seems pretty fast, though.