Nice NON-block McGahee

djh

Willis has whiffed on MORE than a few blitz pickups.  And bully for Plummer that he got rid of the ball.  I guess that means at least one of his WR's was OPEN on those plays.

785267[/snapback]

Nope. He actually threw the ball away, thus avoiding a sack and/or possible fumble.

Reading comprehension is not your friend.  I bet if you go buy him some flowers he might forgive you and decide to show up at your house one day.

785256[/snapback]

I think you may be having the comprehension problem. Both WM and JP have made their share of blunders. Can't put the full blame on either one is what I was getting at. <_<

So he tossed the ball away in less than 2 seconds while in the pocket and didn't get an IG call? Okay.  I'll take your word for it. <_<

Too bad the Bills' defense wasn't playing like the Broncos is.

785284[/snapback]

When you are scrambling away from the pocket to avoid the blitz, you usually get outside the pocket, therefore no IG. Plus, he actually threw the ball past the LOS if you can believe that.

You got me. I'm just making this crap up. :doh:

At least get one hand on the blitzing Safety....he's not that big that McGahee should be afraid of hitting him.

McGahee is good running back.....but now I know why Mularkey pulled him on 3rd downs.   

One missed block is the difference in the game.

784861[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing this morning. YES he had a 150 yards rushing, but this is the second game in a row where WM looked like he should not be in the backfield blocking on pass plays.

Am I glad MM is gone?...ABSOLUTELY! Was he onto something when he was not playing WM on 3rd downs...LOOKS THAT WAY!

I was thinking the same thing this morning.  YES he had a 150 yards rushing, but this is the second game in a row where WM looked like he should not be in the backfield blocking on pass plays.

Am I glad MM is gone?...ABSOLUTELY!  Was he onto something when he was not playing WM on 3rd downs...LOOKS THAT WAY!

785492[/snapback]

If W.Mc is on 3rd downs....he should go out for a pass. This way JP will not assume his back is gonna pick up the blindside blitz. We'll definitely see some changes on passing downs in terms of McGahee's playing time and/or assignments.

He needs to do better than picking up the blitz 50% of the time. JP would be better off with Willis going out into a pattern everytime than with him remaining in the backfield to pick up the blitz.  At least he wouldn't be expecting someone to make the block and would know he has to get rid of the ball.

784962[/snapback]

That's about right. And when I was in school, 50% was an F.

• 2 weeks later...