both C. palmer and Loseman

Eric/Hawaii

???  You mean he usually throws for over 300 yards?  Where have I been the last 2 years?

No, I was referring to the mistakes over all his games. When I said "JP-led offense" I did NOT mean JP, but rather this is what we've seen over the past couple years during his time here.

No, but it doesn't excuse Palmers mistakes either does it ?

Show me where I said that it did eh?

You contradict yourself -- you sound like you are happy the Bill lost today.

784667[/snapback]

Yeah, right, I was REALLY happy the Bills lost today, and I sound like it. :):P

I am appalled at the love fest on this board all of a sudden for JP. I was encouraged that he had a pretty decent day today and that it was encouraging compared to what we've seen.

However, this whole forum is filled with people who are acting as if he can do no wrong.

Any day, good or bad, needs to be taken into the context of their entire career. Just because JP was an average QB today compared with the rest of the NFL doesn't mean that these types of posts are sane.

To compare Palmer and Losman is to isolate their games over just one week instead of an entire career.

Palmer has a history of playing well and winning football games. In fact, he had 4 TDs today to go with his interceptions against one of the best defenses in the league. Losman made many mistakes against one of the worst defenses in the league.

I was encouraged to see Losman make plays today, mistakes or not, and I think he could turn out pretty decent over the course of this season. Its his make or break year. But to see people comparing him to Palmer by isolating this one week is ridiculous.

Eli had the benefit of being +2 in turnovers in that game.  He also coughed it up 3 times, but fortunately for him the giants recovered all of the fumbles.  And, the giants still take OT to get the win.

If the Bills would have recovered all their own fumbles today, and turned over the jets twice, they win going away.  I bet Eli didn't have to deal with 35 mph winds and rain in that game, did he?

It's a team game folks....

784699[/snapback]

Yes it's a team game and Tikki Barber last week and Rudi Johnson today ran for a combined ~60 yards vs. 150 from McGahee today. Does this count for anything? What about the fact that the Steelers & Eagles on the road are 6,000 times tougher than the Jets at home?

Yes it's a team game and Tikki Barber last week and Rudi Johnson today ran for a combined ~60 yards vs. 150 from McGahee today.  Does this count for anything?  What about the fact that the Steelers & Eagles on the road are 6,000 times tougher than the Jets at home?

784722[/snapback]

You forgot one key fact, Barber and Johnson know how to pick up a blitzing safety.

I am appalled at the love fest on this board all of a sudden for JP.  I was encouraged that he had a pretty decent day today and that it was encouraging compared to what we've seen.

However, this whole forum is filled with people who are acting as if he can do no wrong.

Any day, good or bad, needs to be taken into the context of their entire career.  Just because JP was an average QB today compared with the rest of the NFL doesn't mean that these types of posts are sane.

To compare Palmer and Losman is to isolate their games over just one week instead of an entire career.

I was encouraged to see Losman make plays today, mistakes or not, and I think he could turn out pretty decent over the course of this season.  Its his make or break year.  But to see people comparing him to Palmer by isolating this one week is ridiculous.

784713[/snapback]

First, I totally agree with your viewpoint. That's exactly were I am also. But, I wouldn't call it a JP love fest! Hardly. I think it all starts when some posters come on and say things like "JP blew the game", "JP sucks", and "JP is not the future". That's a JP hate fest.

Some of us don't agree that it was completely JPs fault we lost today. Some of us don't agree that JP sucks...and are not ready to make a call on if he is the future or not. So, we respond to comments like "JP Sucks, he blew the game" and is is mis-construed as a love fest. It is not.

By the way -- Eli just threw his 3rd pick in the 1st half... :lol:

Eli had the benefit of being +2 in turnovers in that game.  He also coughed it up 3 times, but fortunately for him the giants recovered all of the fumbles.  And, the giants still take OT to get the win.

Or this game. Or this one. Or this one.

Once again, you can't just isolate games to tell whether a QB is good or not.

If the Bills would have recovered all their own fumbles today, and turned over the jets twice, they win going away.  I bet Eli didn't have to deal with 35 mph winds and rain in that game, did he?

It's a team game folks....

784699[/snapback]

No sh--, thats my same feeling about the entire game, but JP didn't prove anything in this game beyond potential.

First, I totally agree with your viewpoint.  That's exactly were I am also.  But, I wouldn't call it a JP love fest!  Hardly.  I think it all starts when some posters come on and say things like "JP blew the game",  "JP sucks", and "JP is not the future".  That's a JP hate fest. 

Some of us don't agree that it was completely JPs fault we lost today.  Some of us don't agree that JP sucks...and are not ready to make a call on if he is the future or not.  So, we respond to comments like "JP Sucks, he blew the game" and is is mis-construed as a love fest.  It is not.

By the way -- Eli just threw his 3rd pick in the 1st half... :lol:

784745[/snapback]

Comparing JP to Palmer doesn't help your cause if it really is a misconception. :D

Comparing JP to Palmer doesn't help your cause if it really is a misconception.  :lol:

784750[/snapback]

I didn't compare JP to Palmer -- I compared JP's defense to Palmer's defense :D

Obviously, Palmer is now one of the top 3 or 4 QBs in the league. JP isn't close, but he is getting more towards the point of being serviceable.

Are you serious??

The difference is Carson Palmer wins games for the Bengals, we are still waiting for that from JP.

Carson makes mistakes one game, you expect him to get back to "normal" and play well the next week.

Making game costing mistakes is normal for JP.

784791[/snapback]

JP is still young. It is a little disheartening though that whenever the game is put into JP's hands, things tend to get ugly.