Letter from Oklahoma to NCAA

Chilly

And some of my lack-of-life Okie colleagues are issuing death threats. I mean, c'mon. That's just going way too far. It's just a college game.

That being said, though, I still refuse to rescind my fatwa against the 1998 "Just Give it To Him" gang in New England. Now THAT was a Brink's job.

Oklahoma needs to get over themselves and drop the woe-is-us attitude. They are not the first team who has lost a game due to officiating mistakes. They had a right to be upset, the call was blown. However, their defense did have a say in...Oh, I dunno....Maybe NOT letting Oregon score two TD's in 30 seconds? Like I said, I understand being upset, but the loss is in the books. Take it like a man and move on to this week.

Now they are threatening to NOT make the return trip to Washington in the scheduled home-and-home series unless the PAC-10 allows another conference's officials to work the game. Impressive. I didn't hear OU complaining about the system when they got smashed 35-7 by Kansas State in the '03 Big-12 championship game and still backed their way into the BCS final. But now, the refs in the Oregon game have collaborated on the greatest injustice in the history of the world.

In the meantime, the NCAA should take over ALL officiating and end the conference affiliations for refs. That would be a good first step.

Oklahoma needs to get over themselves and drop the woe-is-us attitude.  They are not the first team who has lost a game due to officiating mistakes. 

In the meantime, the NCAA should take over ALL officiating and end the conference affiliations for refs.  That would be a good first step.

780799[/snapback]

No kidding. I think Phillip Fulmer is still paying off SEC refs for the '98 screwjob in the Carrier Dome that gave Tennessee their Nat'l title.

I'll tell you what us Okie fans will never get over. This retarded-ass protest and letter from the OU president will live forever. This is going to be raised for decades to come, like George Cross quote from the '50s that he'd like to build a university that the football team can be proud of. Then the threat to never cross the Rockies again unless the Pac-10 gives us what we want.

It's amazing that a decidedly non-bumpkin guy like David Boren decides to play one for a day, and put us atop the heap of Volunteers, Aggies, Huskers and Buckeyes insanely and disproportionately obsessed with their teams.

I look forward :D to the years to come, when people will point out every time Stoops doesn't argue to overturn an official's error in HIS favor, in order to avoid pinning an "outrageous injustice" on a visiting foe.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.