Your Top-10

smokinandjokin

1. Ohio State- Troy Smith is the truth. It will not be a cakewalk though- they have Iowa and Michigan as potential hiccups.

2. Auburn- I considered USC here but I went with the stronger conference. A win over LSU, no matter the score, is better than a win over Nebraska at this point.

3. USC- Booty looks to be settled in at QB. The announcer the other night said they have a better receiving corps than the Titans. Opportunistic defense forces mistakes, but they'll have a true frosh starting at safety for the rest of the year.

4. West Virginia- Rushing attack is relentless. Definitely the weakest schedule and the weakest defense of the top-10.

5. Michigan- Huge win. Henne, Hart, Breaston, and Manningham will put up some points. The defense came up HUGE against what was supposed to be the nation's top offense.

6. LSU- They should've beaten Auburn on the road, and got jobbed on a late pass interference call. I still think they are the better team.

7. Florida- I can't put two one-loss teams ahead of the Gators. I'll rank the senior Leak ahead of the freshman McCoy for now.

8. Texas- The Oklahoma game should be a doozy. We shall see at that point what McCoy has learned in his young college career.

9. Virginia Tech- In the down ACC, their special teams and defense alone should lead them to the conference title game.

10. Notre Dame- On Friday they were the #2 team in the country, with the best offense and the Heisman-winning #1 pick QB. It was a bad loss, at home, but I think they are still a force. I'd like to see more from Michigan before I bury ND down in the teens. The Wolverines could be the real deal.

Just missed:

Georgia- How good is the SEC that I have to apologize for leaving a 4th team out of my Top-10?

Louisville- Second string RB, and now second sting QB...A win over pathetic Miami does not equal Top-10

Oregon- Nice comeback vs. OK but video shows it was a missed call

Iowa- Scraping by Syracuse and Iowa State does not have me convinced about the Hawkeyes.

AP:

1. Ohio State (59) 3-0 1,617

2. Auburn (2) 3-0 1,507

3. USC (2) 2-0 1,494

4. West Virginia (2) 3-0 1,419

5. Florida 3-0 1,350

6. Michigan 3-0 1,297

7. Texas 2-1 1,180

8. Louisville 3-0 1,121

9. Georgia 3-0 1,105

10. LSU 2-1 1,085

I tend to agree with the AP overall, though I could see Florida and Michigan switching spots.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.