McCargo

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McCargo has been quiet, as has Mario Williams. The other 1st-rounder from NC State, Manny Lawson, had 2 sacks yesterday for the 49ers.

I'm not sure what we expected from McCargo. DT is a very tough position to come in and be an impact player immediately. It typically takes a year or two to figure out the schemes, get used to NFL strength, and figure out what you can and can't get away with. Even then, a DT can have a huge impact on a game but go largely unnoticed.

On the other hand, I'm sure Houston at this point would rather be handing off to Dominick Davis, but I know they'd prefer Reggie Bush over Ron Dayne and Samkon Gado. That's just more unneeded pressure on Mario.

McCargo has been quiet, as has Mario Williams.  The other 1st-rounder from NC State, Manny Lawson, had 2 sacks yesterday for the 49ers.

I'm not sure what we expected from McCargo.  DT is a very tough position to come in and be an impact player immediately.  It typically takes a year or two to figure out the schemes, get used to NFL strength, and figure out what you can and can't get away with.  Even then, a DT can have a huge impact on a game but go largely unnoticed.

On the other hand, I'm sure Houston at this point would rather be handing off to Dominick Davis, but I know they'd prefer Reggie Bush over Ron Dayne and Samkon Gado.  That's just more unneeded pressure on Mario.

778101[/snapback]

Well Tripplett had a great day yesterday despite his stats or lack there of.....I don't supposed McCargo did anything similar? :doh:

Ty Warren, Dewayne Robertson and a few other highly drafted, highly touted DT's took a couple of years to mature into the pros people thought they would become. No rookie at any position should be written off until given a couple of years to prove their worth.

(With a few exceptions, of course - see: Leaf, Ryan; Clarett, Maurice)

Its week two. Hes played 2 games in the NFL

778240[/snapback]

I think it was sarcasm my friend, sarcasm.

You have to get used to that around here if you want to survive for very long. You can't hear a person's voice when they say, so you have to be very careful as to what context you take things on the screen.

As for McCargo, tar and feather the bastard.

But in all honesty, i think that McCargo is not really a play making guy, instead i think that he is the force in the middle that allows for others to excel. But if he isn't than i have to go with the fact that it takes most DT's several years to develop in the league. There is a lot of body development that must occur in the first four years of one's career and a lot of weight training that will allow them to perform on a high level against Offensive Linemen in the league. Ted Washington did not develop until he had been cut from two teams (San Francisco and Denver) then he came to Buffalo and found his voice.

Ty Warren, Dewayne Robertson and a few other highly drafted, highly touted DT's took a couple of years to mature into the pros people thought they would become.  No rookie at any position should be written off until given a couple of years to prove their worth.

(With a few exceptions, of course - see: Leaf, Ryan; Clarett, Maurice)

778265[/snapback]

Lack of a running game and suseptibility to the blitz is what cost Ryan Leaf his career.

I think it was sarcasm my friend, sarcasm.

You have to get used to that around here if you want to survive for very long. You can't hear a person's voice when they say, so you have to be very careful as to what context you take things on the screen.

As for McCargo, tar and feather the bastard.

But in all honesty, i think that McCargo is not really a play making guy, instead i think that he is the force in the middle that allows for others to excel. But if he isn't than i have to go with the fact that it takes most DT's several years to develop in the league. There is a lot of body development that must occur in the first four years of one's career and a lot of weight training that will allow them to perform on a high level against Offensive Linemen in the league. Ted Washington did not develop until he had been cut from two teams (San Francisco and Denver) then he came to Buffalo and found his voice.

778273[/snapback]

Kyle Williams seems to be doing a fine job.

Kyle Williams seems to be doing a fine job.

778281[/snapback]

Kyle Williams played in this system in college and he is doing a decent job. I haven't seen any plays yet in the regular season where i have said to myself that we finally have a stud Defensive Tackle as a rookie. Must we forget already, Ronnie Brown could have lit us up all day by running up the middle and off tackle had Mularkey had any clue as to how to play a football game. It was not like they were behind by a lot early and they had to pass all day, his sh------- decisions are what made Ronnie Brown have a mediocre day. Not to mention what Laurence Maroney and Corey Dillon did to us a week ago.

So i would be a little hesitent to say the least, about Kyle Williams' "good" play so far.

McCargo has been quiet, as has Mario Williams.  The other 1st-rounder from NC State, Manny Lawson, had 2 sacks yesterday for the 49ers.

I'm not sure what we expected from McCargo.  DT is a very tough position to come in and be an impact player immediately.  It typically takes a year or two to figure out the schemes, get used to NFL strength, and figure out what you can and can't get away with.  Even then, a DT can have a huge impact on a game but go largely unnoticed.

On the other hand, I'm sure Houston at this point would rather be handing off to Dominick Davis, but I know they'd prefer Reggie Bush over Ron Dayne and Samkon Gado.  That's just more unneeded pressure on Mario.

778101[/snapback]

exactly you cant judge any rookie from a couple games. thats wat we did to jp and hes doing good so far.

Well it seems Kyle Williams is already ahead of McCargo so I would hope it's just a matter of how quickly McCargo is learning everything nd thats whats holding him back.

778284[/snapback]

I expect big plays out of McCargo- for the simple fact that the Bills are high on him picking him where they did. And so far. they have looked like they really did their home work. They made their picks with the utmost confidence, even though the rest of the NFL

laughed. And different players progress at different speeds. Ala Ryan Dernney. Bruce Smith was benched in his rookie year. Eric Moulds took three years. Evans one.

Well it seems Kyle Williams is already ahead of McCargo so I would hope it's just a matter of how quickly McCargo is learning everything nd thats whats holding him back.

778284[/snapback]

What the hell are you talking about? Do you not realize that Williams and McCargo play different positions, and the reason that Williams is starting is because he has outplayed Tim Anderson, NOT McCargo? McCargo spells Tripplett. Besides, he was a Junior coming out, this is his rookie year, and that was his second game.