Revised Expectations

SnakeOiler

So far we have seen 2 games, on the road no less. So now would seem like a good time to revise predictions. I am thinking 8-8:

at New England Patriots - L

at Miami Dolphins - W

NEW YORK JETS - W

MINNESOTA VIKINGS - L

at Chicago Bears - L

at Detroit Lions - W

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS - W

BYE WEEK

GREEN BAY PACKERS - W

at Indianapolis Colts* - L

at Houston Texans* - W

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS* - L

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS* - L

at New York Jets* - L

MIAMI DOLPHINS* - W

TENNESSEE TITANS - W

at Baltimore Ravens* - L

somewhere along the way i would expect to lose at least a game we think we should win, and hopefully upset someone.

I was going to say possibly 19-1, but in the history of the NFL, there has NEVER been 2 15-1 teams in the same conference in the same year, much less 3.

778076[/snapback]

Yeah, I wasn't saying we could be 19-1 or even 18-2 - clearly, with a 15-1 or 14-2 regular season, we would not be a wild card team. My point was just that as a wild card team the Bills could possibly play 3 playoff games plus the Superbowl.

But again, that won't happen.

18 and 1 baby! :doh:

I'm sticking with 8-8 for now.

Everything boils down to JP. If he can start adding layers to his game, this team could be special. Maybe make a late season, "last-game-of-the-year-for-the-last-wild-card" kinda run.

Wonder if Baltimore's 2nd and 3rd stringers are as good as Pittsburgh's were...

Wonder if Baltimore's 2nd and 3rd stringers are as good as Pittsburgh's were...

I'm feeling the same way. If 8-8, 9-7 gets us the last playoff spot, I could see that happening. I'm encouraged by what I saw yesterday, especially on defense. We're still weak vs. the run, weak vs. 3rd and 1, and we're learning at QB.