Gotta love this kid...

CosmicBills

"As Buffalo Bills rookie safety Donte Whitner sat at his locker Sunday following his team's impressive 16-6 road victory over the Miami Dolphins, 81-year-old team owner Ralph Wilson sidled over with a message.

"They said we took you too high," Wilson said. "I don't think so."

Whitner's face lit up, as you would expect when the man who signs the checks pays you a compliment. "Thank you, sir," Whitner said. "I'm just trying to prove them wrong."

..........................................................................................

And, the icing on the cake:

"On a hot day at Dolphins Stadium, it was a late 23-yard touchdown pass from Culpepper to Chris Chambers with 1:54 left that prevented the Bills from getting the shutout. It was the lowest point total for the Dolphins in a home opener, which led to plenty of boos for the offense and an empty stadium in the final quarter.

"We wanted that shutout," Whitner said. "And it was my fault. I underplayed the seven route and he cut up underneath it. I'm going to learn from it, and maybe next time I'll get the interception."

......................................................................................

This kid is going to be a keeper.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9666800

"As Buffalo Bills rookie safety Donte Whitner sat at his locker Sunday following his team's impressive 16-6 road victory over the Miami Dolphins, 81-year-old team owner Ralph Wilson sidled over with a message.

Whitner's face lit up, as you would expect when the man who signs the checks pays you a compliment. "Thank you, sir," Whitner said. "I'm just trying to prove them wrong."

..........................................................................................

And, the icing on the cake:

"On a hot day at Dolphins Stadium, it was a late 23-yard touchdown pass from Culpepper to Chris Chambers with 1:54 left that prevented the Bills from getting the shutout. It was the lowest point total for the Dolphins in a home opener, which led to plenty of boos for the offense and an empty stadium in the final quarter.

"We wanted that shutout," Whitner said. "And it was my fault. I underplayed the seven route and he cut up underneath it. I'm going to learn from it, and maybe next time I'll get the interception."

......................................................................................

777134[/snapback]

That's awesome. Were there any Broderick Bunkley sightings today?

777134[/snapback]

Ralph is 87, Marv is 81

That's awesome.  Were there any Broderick Bunkley sightings today?

777189[/snapback]

No tackles or any stats to speak of.....doesn't mean he didn't play OK though.

Doesn't mean he won't become a star either.....it's not a race.

As long as Whitner is playing well, that's all I care about. With over 50% 'busts' in the 1st round, to have a 'player' instead already is a relief & a bonus.

777134[/snapback]

Did this give anybody else chills?

No tackles or any stats to speak of.....doesn't mean he didn't play OK though.

Doesn't mean he won't become a star either.....it's not a race.

As long as Whitner is playing well, that's all I care about.  With over 50% 'busts' in the 1st round, to have a 'player' instead already is a relief & a bonus.

777208[/snapback]

Totally agree. I'll still have a little fun at the office tomorrow here in Philly, since "LOL you guys did horrible" was all I heard in April.