Bills starting to get credit for Whitner pick?

HarkinBanks

No matter how good Whitner becomes, the pick rests with how good JP becomes.  If JP lives up to expectations, Whitner was the right pick, period.  If JP doesn't & Cutler does, then Whitner was the wrong pick-it's that simple (now that Marv is on record saying if the choice was between Leinart & Cutler, it would have been Cutler*).  QB is a much more valuable position to fill than safety, but if you have a good to great starting QB, then drafting a safety is acceptable. 

*-Source: Marv on WHAM Tuesday night.

774914[/snapback]

Well we might get a better qb in Quinn.

I think the most important thing is that Whitner looks like a very good football player who can make a significant contribution over the next five years. Ko and Kyle look like they could be steals. Too early to tell for the others, but I'd like to start hearing a little more bang from McCargo considering his talent and draft position. Maybe he can have a big game tomorrow.

jeez. this stuff is so stoopid. if he ends up being good, he'll have merited the #8 pick. if not, he won't have. he made a play in his first game, to be sure, but so did kevin thomas v. brett favre in his prime. the fact that pasquarelli is passing any sort of judgement at this point is pretty pathetic.

I'm glad we didn't take Trojan man.  I think his career is going to end up being an abortion

774934[/snapback]

He wouldn't be the first Heisman-trophy-winning quarterback to crash and burn in the pros...