We lost to a better team

Pyrite Gal

I would place Whitner in a special category by himself that he showed both the best of times with his INT and the worst of times such as the pass play Watson took down with Whitner as the nearest cover guy.

768445[/snapback]

Whitner was actually keyed on the WR on that play, the assignment on Watson was the LB. So while he could have maybe made the read earlier and broke off his assignment to make a play, he wasn't at fault directly for the touchdown.

I thought his run support actually impressed me more than his INT. The first play he was in I heard the huge SMACK on the RB, and that's when I realized he was in over Wire. I was like "man, I haven't ever heard Wire hit like that" - and then I noticed the 20 on the jersey. The Pats running game slowed a fair bit after Whitner/Simpson replaced Vincent/Wire, though it was still too strong.

Whitner was actually keyed on the WR on that play, the assignment on Watson was the LB. So while he could have maybe made the read earlier and broke off his assignment to make a play, he wasn't at fault directly for the touchdown.

I thought his run support actually impressed me more than his INT. The first play he was in I heard the huge SMACK on the RB, and that's when I realized he was in over Wire. I was like "man, I haven't ever heard Wire hit like that" - and then I noticed the 20 on the jersey. The Pats running game slowed a fair bit after Whitner/Simpson replaced Vincent/Wire, though it was still too strong.

769318[/snapback]

This was from my first curspry glance watching the game while it was plaued (and of course increasingly addled by refreshments as it went on) and I will try to take amore detailed look at the tape as the week gpes on.