Lock of the Week

Rico

Nobody mentioned Tenn over the Jets. The Jets may finish with the worst record in the NFL and they will definately not open up on the road with a win. The spread is 2.5 and I think Tenn wins by double digits.

You cant forget about the Irish home opener against Joe Pa and the Lions. ND rolls to 2-0.

765306[/snapback]

Uh, the guy that posted right above you did.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, the guy that posted right above you did.

765308[/snapback]

Didnt have time to read the whole thread but I agree with him that Tenn destroys the Jets but I would never do a teaser. Teasers are for suckers- it doesnt matter if you bet a two team, three team or even for teamer. You will lose more than you win.

:doh:  Betting against KC when they're giving less than a FG at home is good if you hate $.

I love the Lions getting 6.5 vs. Seattle; and also the Rams getting 3.5 vs. Denver.

Both games are like the Rams-49ers opener last year....overrated teams giving too many points on the road.

764886[/snapback]

Thats crazy talk ... Chad Johnson + Rudi Johnson + Carson Palmer. Sorry but the Bengals win by 7 at least

To me, the thing that separates these two teams is offense. Both have crappy defenses, so both will put points on the board. But in the end, Palmer and Johnson will end up outscoring Herm Edwards.

765037[/snapback]

Meh, I guess I'm never on the same page with the public. I've never been on the Chiefs bandwagon well...ever. Not w/ Montana, not when they started 10-0 in '03 and not last year when they drafted Derrick Johnson.

This year I just like them a lot. They should've made the playoffs over Pittsburgh if not for a horrible non holding call vs. Dallas late in the year. Their defense improved vs. the run last year and I think they'll improve vs. the pass this yr with Surtain & Law on the corners.

The Bengals are a good team, basically because of Palmer and C. Johnson. IMO those guys make Rudi and TJ Hoosh household names and their defense shows no signs of improving. So if Palmer is the least bit hesitant in his first game back, I don't see them winning on the road.

But to reinterate, the Lions & Rams are my plays of the week.

But to reinterate, the Lions & Rams are my plays of the week.

765462[/snapback]

I like your thinking on all three games Buff. I like the Chiefs a lot more than the Lions, only because I don't like how the line has moved in Seattle's direction. Cincy is taking gobs of public money after Palmer's lights out national exhibition game; the Chiefs are a nice play Sunday.

I think the Jets are underrated and are going to surprise a lot of people this season. It was unrealistic for them to do much winning last year with a third string quarterback. They have a pretty good defense, and I respect Tannenbaum's abilities as a GM. Pennington gets busted on for his arm strength but he's decent at managing the game. My biggest concern with them this week is that Mangini might eat the playbook before the game - he's put on 100 pounds in the last two years.

Tennessee is a mess; their QB situation is truly bizarre and I don't see how Kerry Collins is going to waltz in and be effective. Their secondary has also been shaky to outright awful for a few years now. I think New York wins that game and I'll take the points.