• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

someone needs to tap a little reality

Reality = The absense of alcohol

If ND loses - that's reality

Speculation = betting

760209[/snapback]

The reality is that ND looked pedestrian in the first half...they were sloppy and they were getting pushed around all over the field. Regardless of the outcome of the game, that's what happend up til that point. Dig it?

They threw the house @ Quinn in the first half, which is why they were sucking wind on that last drive. See the pathetic arm tackle attempts?

So far, I think "that school" looks very out of sync offensively and on defense, they look plain bad.

I still think they'll come out w/ a win tonight, but man, do they have some work to do before they can seriously entertain thoughts of winning the national title.

Most people would post before the game (banter) and then after the game if they had remorse - but to post incomplete results such as:

(example)  Mets 3 - Braves 1 after 2 1/3 innings and draw an conclusion that some how one team is failing - "stock is dropping" - interseting outlook on life

If ND loses the game then their stock will "drop" - if they win then your point is moot.

760202[/snapback]

Ok lets re-evaluate your analagy ... first of all it would be

Mets 3 - Braves 0 after 4 1/2 - 5 innings .... baseball also has about 150 or so more games a year than college football, thus making each game worth less ... not to mention that baseball doesnt have a ranking system, so losing to a bad team wouldnt affect your overall outlook on winning the big game. get my point?

They threw the house @ Quinn in the first half, which is why they were sucking wind on that last drive.  See the pathetic arm tackle attempts? 

So far, I think "that school" looks very out of sync offensively and on defense, they look plain bad. 

I still think they'll come out w/ a win tonight, but man, do they have some work to do before they can seriously entertain thoughts of winning the national title.

760213[/snapback]

Yep, GT was amped up for this game....ND was lucky to get on the board before halftime, and they definitely need to get it in gear if they want to get out of Atlanta with a win. I like Weis, though, and I think he'll get them squared away.

Ok lets re-evaluate your analagy ... first of all it would be

Mets 3 - Braves 0 after 4 1/2 - 5 innings .... baseball also has about 150 or so more games a year than college football, thus making each game worth less ... not to mention that baseball doesnt have a ranking system, so losing to a bad team wouldnt affect your overall outlook on winning the big game. get my point?

760214[/snapback]

On closing day of the baseball season - which team loses the division title or wild card playoff spot by 1 or 1/2 game ?

So game # 1 or game # 101 is equally important

All games count

They threw the house @ Quinn in the first half, which is why they were sucking wind on that last drive.  See the pathetic arm tackle attempts? 

760213[/snapback]

Kudos to Penn St. - the win counts (Akron ?)

What a stupid play by the GT defensive back....no need to lower his head there at all....dumb.

760227[/snapback]

That GT homer in the booth was trying to say that was a rallying play. In his dreams.

wow, brady quinn is throwing DUCKS out there, but his receivers are coming up huge. Does he just not have an arm, or is he having an off night?

Kudos to Penn St. - the win counts  (Akron ?)

760231[/snapback]

Your point being?

Hey, I'm not talking smack here. "That school" is ranked 2nd nationally, and expectations are very high for them this year as opposed to PSU, where there aren't very high expectations due to all the players lost from last year. If they truly believe they will win a national title w/ this defense, I believe they're sorely mistaken. A win is a win, to be sure, but there's much work needed for this team to actually be @ the point where they can win the national title.

someone needs to tap a little reality

Reality = The absense of alcohol

If ND loses - that's reality

Speculation = betting

760209[/snapback]

I'd add some 420 into the mix

I'd like to know what angle they got "indisputable video evidence" of that not being a catch. Neither angle I saw was enough to overturn it. Brady Quinn certainly isn't the best player on the field tonight, Johnson is.

ND's kicker is going to cost us at some point this season - it may or may not be tonight.

ND is also not playing very disciplined football (GT isn't much better). This is the reason so many teams play patsies to start the season. GT certainly ain't that.

I'd like to know what angle they got "indisputable video evidence" of that not being a catch.  Neither angle I saw was enough to overturn it.  Brady Quinn certainly isn't the best player on the field tonight, Johnson is. 

ND's kicker is going to cost us at some point this season - it may or may not be tonight.

ND is also not playing very disciplined football (GT isn't much better).  This is the reason so many teams play patsies to start the season.  GT certainly ain't that.

760260[/snapback]

Tech gives a game effort, and has talent, but they're not a great team just yet. Your boys have a ways to go before getting to title contender status. They are showing great resolve tonight, and the defensive effort did pick up in the 2nd half, but they just don't look like a team ready for the title right now. But, there's a long way to go before the end of the season.

On closing day of the baseball season - which team loses the division title or wild card playoff spot by 1 or 1/2 game ?

So game # 1 or game # 101 is equally important

All games count

760229[/snapback]

Not to be rude, but are you seriously trying your best NOT to understand what I am saying? In baseball each game counts as 1 win or 1 loss ... but it doesnt matter if you lose to the best team in baseball, or the worst. In college football if you lose to the best team in Football it counts 10x less than if you lose to the worse team. In college football, if you are a ranked team (especially in the top 5 like Notre Dame is) and lose to a non-ranked team you are going to go down (and probably far) in rankings, thus making it very hard for you to get to the national championship. Also, one game in college football is also 1 win, or 1 loss like baseball except for the fact that compared to baseball ONE GAME of college football is the equivelant of about 15 baseball games. How do you not understand this???

Brady Quinn certainly isn't the best player on the field tonight, Johnson is. 

760260[/snapback]

Yep, I'm not impressed with Quinn at all....and C.Johnson would look pretty good in red and blue :wub:

Tech gives a game effort, and has talent, but they're not a great team just yet.  Your boys have a ways to go before getting to title contender status.  They are showing great resolve tonight, and the defensive effort did pick up in the 2nd half, but they just don't look like a team ready for the title right now.  But, there's a long way to go before the end of the season.

760265[/snapback]

We're another recruiting class from being there on defense. Just don't have the athletes.