Trying to make a trade for P. Manning

Phlegm Alley

It is an 8 team performance league. Here is my team:

QB: McNabb, Brees, Favre

RB: LT, Ronnie Brown, Frank Gore, Fred Taylor, Chester Taylor, Mike Bell

WR: Holt, Roy Williams, Lee Evans, Donald Driver, Eddie Kennison, Kevin Curtis, Roddy White

TE: McMichael, Heath Miller

K: Jay Feely

D/ST: Redskins, Bengals

He has:

QB: P. Manning, E. Manning, Leftwich

RB: Rudi J., Kevin Jones, Ruben Droughens, Jamal Lewis, Dominic Rhodes,Cedric Benson

WR: TO, Andre Johnson, Derek Mason, Rod Smith, Reggie Brown, Wilford, B. Edwards

TE: Gonzalez, Troupe

K: Shayne Graham

D/ST: Panthers, Cowboys

I feel like I'm pretty deep in RBs, WR, but I think I may want a better QB in order to make a run for the title (SB winner gets $1000). McNabb is coming off an injury, the loss of TO, but he does have Stallworth to throw to now, along with Hank Baskett.

I'm thinking about offering him Chester Taylor, Donald Driver, and McNabb for P. Manning.

Is that too much? If so, what trade would you recommend? Would you even recommend a trade at all and stay put with what I have?

It is an 8 team performance league.  Here is my team:

QB: McNabb, Brees, Favre

RB: LT, Ronnie Brown, Frank Gore, Fred Taylor, Chester Taylor, Mike Bell

WR: Holt, Roy Williams, Lee Evans, Donald Driver, Eddie Kennison, Kevin Curtis, Roddy White

TE: McMichael, Heath Miller

K: Jay Feely

D/ST: Redskins, Bengals

He has:

QB: P. Manning, E. Manning, Leftwich

RB: Rudi J., Kevin Jones, Ruben Droughens, Jamal Lewis, Dominic Rhodes,Cedric Benson

WR: TO, Andre Johnson, Derek Mason, Rod Smith, Reggie Brown, Wilford, B. Edwards

TE: Gonzalez, Troupe

K: Shayne Graham

D/ST: Panthers, Cowboys

I feel like I'm pretty deep in RBs, WR, but I think I may want a better QB in order to make a run for the title (SB winner gets $1000).  McNabb is coming off an injury, the loss of TO, but he does have Stallworth to throw to now, along with Hank Baskett.

I'm thinking about offering him Chester Taylor, Donald Driver, and McNabb for P. Manning. 

Is that too much?  If so, what trade would you recommend?  Would you even recommend a trade at all and stay put with what I have?

758892[/snapback]

What do your starting lineups look like in this league?

depending on your scoring system..I do not see him giving up manning for anything, unless you threw him LT

758943[/snapback]

He already said that he would be willing to trade PM. I think he is a little weak at RB and WR--at least weker than I am--so I am willing to bet that he may bite for this.

Here is the scoring system:

Passing Every 25 passing yards 1 TD Pass 4

40+ yard TD pass bonus 2 Interceptions Thrown -2

2pt Passing Conversion 2 300-399 yard passing game 2

400+ yard passing game 4

Rushing Every 10 rushing yards 1 TD Rush 6

40+ yard TD rush bonus 2 2pt Rushing Conversion 2

100-199 yard rushing game 2 200+ yard rushing game 4

Receiving Every 10 receiving yards 1 TD Reception 6

40+ yard TD rec bonus 2 2pt Receiving Conversion 2

100-199 yard receiving game 2 200+ yard receiving game 4

Some Options

1) LT for Peyton and Rudi

2) Ronnie Brown for Peyton

Personally, in a 4 pt per TD league, I wouldnt worry about Peyton.  If you could swing a good deal for Eli I'd be more interested.  Peyton loses alot of value in 4pt TDs

758983[/snapback]

But if you could do obtain PM without giving up LT or RB would you do it? 2nd/3rd tier RB + a 2nd tier WR + a 2nd tier QB for PM, would you do it?

I would have the #1 ranked QB, decent starting RBs, and a #1 WR in Holt, along with some pretty good depth. That would be a formidable lineup.

Also, how can you say that PM loses alot of value in a 4 point TD league? He would still be a top 3 producer as a QB.

Lets assume Payton throws for 4000 yds and 32 TDs. And gets no other points.

In a 6 pts per TD league PM=22 Pts Per Game (using your yardage formula)

In a 4 pts per TD league PM=18 Pts Per Game (using your yardage formula)

Yes, he is still the best QB out there...but all QBs are signifigantly discounted in this scoring system. PM is not worthy of a first round pick (and maybe even a 2nd round pick). He is probably equivalent in value to a lower 2nd tier RB. (i.e. Droughns, McGahee, Dunn, etc). But anyone who drafted him is sure to want much more than that. For my money, its just not worth it. Go find a 2nd tier QB (if you arent satisfied with mcnabb). Hasselbeck, Delhomme, Eli, these guys should be much cheaper and not that much worse than Peyton.

And I am not sure how you could even start to think about trading for PM without including either LT or RB. You offer Frank Gore and Donald Driver and he will laugh you out of the building.

Is that too much? 

758892[/snapback]

OMG do that in a second if he's interested. I actually like Driver but it looks like you have enough depth at WR without him (I also like Curtis a lot). Chester Taylor should never crack your starting lineup barring injury.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.