Billls or

Mile High

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw on the ESPN crawl the other day that JP DuMont had signed elsewhere. DuMont struck me as not a heart and soul Sabre as LaFontaine or Peca were before their demise but a solid player I was happy to have.

My understanding is that there were a couple of other similar types the Sabres let walk this year as Regeir continued to be a prudent GM. I understand they are even dicking around a bout Briere remaining a Sabre who as team captain has been on his way to becoming a heart and soul guy.

Regeir from his early days of trying to avoid the press with a low speed chase from the Buffalo airport with Larry Quinn has not really inspired a lot of loyalty and love from me and other sports fans that has been achieved by folks like Jimbo, Marv and Talley and Ted Nolan while he was here.

I must admit I am waiting for the dust to settle on this off-season for the Sabres to see if the great teamwork the Sabres pulled off last year was a sign that they really are a TEAM that deserves fan adulation (above the adulation that the Sabres and Bills get for being Buffalo franchises) or were the great results last year simply an aberration caused by older players being slower to return to winning form after the lockout.

If the Sabres management loses too many mid-level players like Dumont or someone like Briere then I think that folks will lose their regained respect pretty fast.