I'm Convinced The Bills Have The Talent!

After watching that Cleveland game, I really did like what I saw on Saturday night. This offense is starting to look like it will have quite a few "big time" plays this year. Our running game is back and JP looks like he is only getting better each week.

Obviously this is all fine and dandy but how far can this take the Bills if they keep making stupid mistakes. The coaching staff has really got to lay the hammer down on these inexplicable bone head penalties. They will end up costing this team some wins and ultimately be the demise of this team.

I saw SO MANY good things happen on Saturday but the illegal formations and 12 men on the field penalties (those were the two that took points off the board) were horrible. How about giving them a second chance on the field goal!@#

Anyway, I do like the make-up of this team and think if they can clamp down on some of the penalties, it is going to be an exciting year.

so nobody seems to be too concerned about the stupid penalties this team continues to make? It has been a trend for the past 4-5 years........

754356[/snapback]

I agree completely. The formation penalty took away a great rushing touchdown by JP. We need to work together as a team and get some disipline very quickly or this will be a long season. The good news is hopefully these are just growing pains in a new system and they will decrease over the next couple of games.

Remember Fast Freddie's punt return for TD against the Patriots in 2004 at Gillette, some NE scrub whiffed the tackle on that one. Belichick benched the guy and he fired him the next day (or that same night, who knows?)

I don't know who was the extra guy that was on the field during the missed FG against Cleveland but that just can't happen.

I don't see Jauron firing a player after a bad play but he has to do something, every year is the same thing, dumb mistakes all over the place that end up killing this team.

I don't know what's the solution.

After watching that Cleveland game, I really did like what I saw on Saturday night. This offense is starting to look like it will have quite a few "big time" plays this year. Our running game is back and JP looks like he is only getting better each week.

Obviously this is all fine and dandy but how far can this take the Bills if they keep making stupid mistakes. The coaching staff has really got to lay the hammer down on these inexplicable bone head penalties. They will end up costing this team some wins and ultimately be the demise of this team.

I saw SO MANY good things happen on Saturday but the illegal formations and 12 men on the field penalties (those were the two that took points off the board) were horrible. How about giving them a second chance on the field goal!@#

Anyway, I do like the make-up of this team and think if they can clamp down on some of the penalties, it is going to be an exciting year.

753876[/snapback]

Running game back. Personally I wasn't impressed with anything the first group did in the running game. Pass protection was just, ok. But the running game looked mediocre at best. I think Willis was held to under 30 yards.

so nobody seems to be too concerned about the stupid penalties this team continues to make? It has been a trend for the past 4-5 years........

754356[/snapback]

I chalk some of that up to the fact that it is pre-season ... esp. the 12 men on the field one. All the "new guys" are getting rotated in and out on special teams as they evaluate them, so that stuff is bound to happen. Don't know the details of the illegal formation penalty. That one would worry me more if all the 1st stringers were still in there.

I really wasn't all that impressed with the running game against Cleveland ... not the 1st unit, anyway. McGahee didn't do much, but I don't think they were opening many holes for him.