Some things we know about next season

I know I may be reaching here, but I've already started a *negative* thread, so here goes a positive thread. Here are your lead-pipe locks for next season:

1) Bledsoe will be given the option to come in as a backup. If he's smart, he'll accept - and I bet he does. I know he's a competitor, but he's taken a ton of hits on his body, and he's not going to make more $$ than he will get here as a backup next season. He'll see the writing on the wall (if he hasn't already - but judging by the speed at which he reads blitzes, he hasn't), when JP replaces him for the last 4-5 games. My problem with Bledsoe actually isn't his decision-making under pressure - it's his lack of accuracy. Other than the deep ball, he just can't fit the pigskin into tight spaces - something Brady excels at (and hopefully JP too).

2) We'll have a first-round pick. Travis, buh-buy. TH is a warrior and a great between-the-tackles runner, and some owner somewhere (Al Davis? remember, he used a 1st round pick on a kicker) will be suckered into trading a #1 for him - despite the fact that TH is semi-retarded and runs the wrong play 4-7 times a game. You just can' t have that going on and expect to be a great offense - he doesn't have the brain for this league, and his replacement is already on the roster.

3) JP's mobility will make up for poor protection. We already saw this in the preseason - the guy has good feet and they should only get better. Expect him to have some rough outings, but also he should be able to give the offense a greater margin for error by buying time and salvaging broken plays.

Overall, I'm excited for next year - I think having Losman, Evans, McGahee and Moulds in there will provide more excitement and give us a better chance to win games.

1) I don't want Bledsoe even as a backup. He's worthless.

2) A first round pick for Henry? NFW. He's not even in the top half of the leauge's starting tailbacks. They'll get a third rounder for him.

3) I agree. Might be nice if the O-line was actually upgraded too!