Well, here it is.....My post game report!!

sven233

Hey guys and gals! Well, I just got back from the game and thought I'd give my post game report, as usual. Now, I know some of you are expecting my usual long, in depth report and analysis.

Not this week.

I really thought I would have a lot to say after this game tonight, but really, this game boils down to one thing....

WE ARE KILLING OURSELVES! Now, with all due respect to the Browns, they were not the reason we lost this game. The Bills tonight made several unforced errors that not only cost us points, but cost us first downs and yardage as well. Penalties put us in holes early and we couldn't get out of them. Dropped balls were again a problem. Fumbled snaps and INTs in the endzone are not good either.

So, what do I have to say about this game? Well, I actually think we showed potential. But, we also showed the reason why we might not be ready to take the next step as a team. Too many unforced errors.

Now, that is the real point I wanted to make about this game, but there was a couple things of note I should mention:

Losman - I thought he had a solid game tonight.....the play to Price was great. Everything you want in a QB he showed on that play. However, he fumbled one snap and threw a pick (although I think he knew it was going to be his last series/play so I think he just tried to force something. I don't think he throws that ball in the regular season). However, that stuff aside, it is, and has been VERY CLEAR that Losman is the starting QB for this team. About time.

McGahee - Didn't do a whole lot. Had a couple nice runs, but was pretty average. He does look much quicker though and you can see that the initial burst that we have been waiting for is back. O-Line just needs to open some more holes for him.

Evans - Will have a great year. Another solid game tonight. No worries.

Price - Showed signs tonight. Great catch on the TD and also had another catch for a 1st down that got called back (again, killing ourselves) I think he provides us with the best 2nd option on this team. You can't coach spped. If this team doesn't open with Evans, Price, and Parrish as their top 3 receivers, I think, as of right now, the Bills will make a mistake. Reed just doesn't provide the 'big play' potential as much as they do. Just doen't have the speed. However, if Price doesn't hold up his end of the bargin, Reed will have to due as a #2.

O-Line - I thought they did a good job on pass protection, but they didn't have a lot of push up front in the run game. But, that is nothing new. I know they are running base plays, so I hope they are saving their best for the regular season. But they need to block for the run better.

Spikes - Not too worried about him. I think he is ready to go. Good showing in limited action.

Run defense - Pretty strong again outside of a couple draw plays. The Browns ran several draw plays and were successful on a few of them. But, they were pretty solid.

Pass defense - Bad again tonight.....especially on the opening drive. They had their moments and they did shut Cleveland down after the first drive, but there were big holes in the zone defense they were playing tonight. Looked better in their man to man defense. Also, there were times they got a pass rush, but for the most part the Cleveland QBs had a lot of time to throw. Must improve.

Well, I guess that is it for now. If this team would stop with the mental errors (delay of game, false starts, holding, fumbles and INTs), I think they could surprise a few people this year. They have big play capability, but they have to stop killing themselves or they will get nowhere. Tons of potential, but they need to fix their mistakes.

I said in the gameday thread that the delay of game and fumble were on JP, but later-on the coaches didn't get the play in on time and JP had to burn a TO, so I put that on the coaches.

And the fumble could have very well been Fowler. I know it's charged to the QB, but later-on I saw Fowler snap a ball that went REALLY off and JP made a great one-handed grab of it. I've also noticed that he stands in a weird stance behind Fowler. Don't know if it's a height thing, a different way to stand so he can get ready to roll-out, etc. But it looked strange.

And I agree on the INT. Basically it was a 3rd down punt and the drive, even though it was successful, looked lifeless, like they didn't want to be in there. Maybe that's just me. But the INT wasn't a killer and I also think he doesn't throw that in the regular season.

And great to see Takeo back and looking good. Saw him in a few pileups and was surprised to see him credited with only 1 tackle.

I agree with what you said about the fumble. Not exactly sure what happened there. No matter whos fault it was, it can't happen. And the coaches have to get the plays in faster. No excuses for the delay of games to happen.

And, just another note.....those illegal formation penalties were awful. That should never happen. Cost us a TD.

If we can get these dumb mistakes cleaned up, I really like our chances to be successful. I'm not saying we are a playoff team yet, but I could see us being very competetive. If that happens, it could get interesting!

See that things about these mistakes is that they're being committed at the friendly confines. Imagine what will happen on the road. :blink:

We open the season in back-to-back divisional games away from home. Things could get ugly fast.

I'm not ready to say what I think will happen in NE, but there is a good chance it won't be pretty. Then again, if they clean up their mistakes, they might be able to make a game of it. I just don't think the team will be quite ready yet. It will definately be interesting!

I'm not ready to say what I think will happen in NE, but there is a good chance it won't be pretty.  Then again, if they clean up their mistakes, they might be able to make a game of it.  I just don't think the team will be quite ready yet.  It will definately be interesting!

753183[/snapback]

BE prepared for a half-season of voluminous amount of mistakes: a cornucopia of penalties and a potpourri of turnovers! :devil: