Aaron Gibson

Griff28

I was hopeful too...but why is everyone on this guy's bandwagon? He has been buried as the 3rd team right guard all of training camp but I continue to see how opponents "bounce of off him" and what an addition he will be. Not going to happen.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hopeful too...but why is everyone on this guy's bandwagon?  He has been buried as the 3rd team right guard all of training camp but I continue to see how opponents "bounce of off him" and what an addition he will be.  Not going to happen.

752851[/snapback]

Stop with the unrealistic negativity. He will make this team, i thought i told you on the other thread as well. HAHA

Not negativity it's reality.  Why has he not moved from the 3rd team?  Why has he not played prior to the 4th quarter of 3 pre-season games?  You're silly opinion has no basis.

752855[/snapback]

Dude....word of advice...

Never use the word silly when you are discounting anothers' opinion. Doing that is just plain....well....silly. :blink:

Not negativity it's reality.  Why has he not moved from the 3rd team?  Why has he not played prior to the 4th quarter of 3 pre-season games?  You're silly opinion has no basis.

752855[/snapback]

You want to hear basis huh?

How about this, in the NFL teams try to copy success. The New England Patriots have become a dynasty because of guys like Aaron Gibson. Guys who were cut from other teams and labeled as being nobodies. These are the guys with something to prove, and they are the guys who have a real fire that burns inside them and have the desire to show everybody up. According to the NFL standard now; a team with 22 starting Aaron Gibson's would be the best team in the league right now.

How's that? Or should i go on?

I was hopeful too...but why is everyone on this guy's bandwagon?  He has been buried as the 3rd team right guard all of training camp but I continue to see how opponents "bounce of off him" and what an addition he will be.  Not going to happen.

752851[/snapback]

Not saying you're wrong, but remember that it's sometimes hard to judge what coaches think of players in the preseason based on their playing time.

Gibson might not be playing much because the coaches have more or less come to a conclusion about what he offers, and are just trying to play the younger unknown guys to see what the younglings have got.

So he's so good that he doesn't play?

752860[/snapback]

No you simp. He will stay on this team because Marv is trying to copy the success of the Patriots. He is a project. Projects are probably the only thing Marv likes more than early bird specials and prune juice.

Is this BoondckCL guy for real or am I on Candid Camera?

752869[/snapback]

Why what seems to be the problem?

I have made valid points about NFL teams copying success, Marv's love for projects, and then you responded by using his age against him, and i responded with a Rich Gannon remark. How about i throw another name at you, Kurt Warner. He was old too and labeled a nothing, i think he did pretty damn well for himself.

OK. We are talking about a guy who was drafted in the first round as a tackle, had very limited "success" early on, bounced to multiple teams, was out of football last year, and is on the 3rd team this year as a guard... and you are comparing him to two quarterbacks. Name for me an offensive lineman with a similar history to Gibson who has made it. Mike Williams perhaps?