So here's my team

Acantha

Alright, I'm in a 12 man league and I had the 9th overall pick. I very rarely get in a 12 man league (I prefer 10) so I'm having trouble judging here. I would say kind of a middle of the road draft. My bench is weak, but at that point I was scraping bottom.

Comments?

QB: Donovan McNabb

RB: Steven Jackson

RB: Willis McGahee

WR: Larry Fitzgerald

WR: Derrick Mason

WR/RB: Laveranues Coles

TE: Antonio Gates

K: Josh Brown

D: Broncos

BN: Kitna

BN: Frank Gore

BN: Joseph Addai

BN: Deangelo Williams

BN: Eric Moulds

I don't see what is so blah, I think you have a pretty good team. You might lack a little depth but that is just because some of your guys are unproven. For a 12 man league you have a pretty good starting lineup.

I don't see what is so blah, I think you have a pretty good team.  You might lack a little depth but that is just because some of your guys are unproven.  For a 12 man league you have a pretty good starting lineup.

752843[/snapback]

Thanks...that's good to hear. I really can't be objective on this. I look at it one second and think....pretty good, and the next I think.... Jackson, McGahee, and Gore as my top 3 backs?????

Top prize in this league is 550 dollars, so it's kind of a big deal!

It is Blah. As in not a lot of excitement. But its pretty solid. You have alot of guys that are not household names, but should be decent. McNabb has fallen off the face of the earth this year. Last year he was a top 3 QB, now some peopel dont even have him in the top 10. He isnt Top 3 this year. But he also isnt out of the top 10...But Kitna? I suspect you will be hitting the waiver wire early and often to replace him.

SJAX gets overlooked. McGahee is probable to have a breakout year (or at least an improved year) Gore....if he can stay healthy you might have a good steal here. No glitz and glamour at RB, but good solid guys who should do you well. Not to mention Williiams and Addai. I dont see either starting for the first few weeks, but by the end of the year you could be in the money there as well.

WR is average...but you still have (on my list) 3 of the top 24 WRs, which on average is better than your competition. Again, Mason and Coles are not household names...but who cares. They are solid fantasy performers.

TE: I dont like gates this year. He is still #1 on my draft board for TE, but I am not buying the change of QB in San Diego. Still though, you should get good numbers out of him.

All in all...You have a fighting chance to win this league. I suspect there are more dominate teams right now on paper, but with FF you never know. I wouldnt count your team out yet. Keep an eye on the WW for a different backup QB. You are also carrying alot of roster spots for RBs...I would like to see you add another WR...but I dont know who to drop...so...go with it i guess.

It is Blah.  As in not a lot of excitement.  But its pretty solid.  You have alot of guys that are not household names, but should be decent.  McNabb has fallen off the face of the earth this year.  Last year he was a top 3 QB, now some peopel dont even have him in the top 10.  He isnt Top 3 this year.  But he also isnt out of the top 10...But Kitna?  I suspect you will be hitting the waiver wire early and often to replace him.

You're right about McNabb. I'm pretty sure I picked him up in the 8th round. I take QB's very late usually, and at that point I couldn't pass him up. Kitna was one of my last picks, but I don't think it will be much of a problem. As long as I dont' need him early, I think he'll do okay at filling in. There are a lot of recievers on that team, plus Kevin Jones is supposed to be a bigger part of the passing game. Kitna is a solid QB that will move the ball, and I think once he hits his stride again he'll put up pretty good fantasy numbers for a backup.

SJAX gets overlooked.  McGahee is probable to have a breakout year (or at least an improved year)  Gore....if he can stay healthy you might have a good steal here.  No glitz and glamour at RB, but good solid guys who should do you well.  Not to mention Williiams and Addai.  I dont see either starting for the first few weeks, but by the end of the year you could be in the money there as well.

I think my year is going to made or broken if one of these guys can get into a LJ situation. If Foster goes down, Williams could save my season.

All in all...You have a fighting chance to win this league.  I suspect there are more dominate teams right now on paper, but with FF you never know.  I wouldnt count your team out yet.  Keep an eye on the WW for a different backup QB.  You are also carrying alot of roster spots for RBs...I would like to see you add another WR...but I dont know who to drop...so...go with it i guess.

We are actually probably adding another bench position to this league, and if so I will fill it with another WR. Though I dont' know who at this point becuase they are all below average. Hell, I may even take a flyer on Price. (seriously, WR FA's are stripped down already)

Thanks for the input.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.