Buffalo looked good ...

l< j

I am seeing too much 'j.v.' play out of the Bills, however. Mental-lapse penalties (Villarial doesn't line up on the line? Gandy has another formation penalty that negates a JP scramble for a TD), etc.

Live in Akron, got to watch the Browns' telecast. (You think Tasker is bad, you should listen to Kosar.)

JPL showed some stuff tonight. On the TD pass to Price, he avoided a blitzing CB, and then threw a perfect pass to Price with another Brown bearing down on him. Seemed like many/most of his passes were on the mark. Showed touch on short passes, threaded some into what seemed like tight coverages. I was impressed on a few of the plays where the receiver seemed to be well-covered, and the pass was thrown and caught, and it felt safe.

I don't know what to say or think about the INT when he was looking for Evans on the right sideline. CB played it perfectly and knew it was coming. If they had faked the comeback...

(If you haven't guessed yet, I don't know squat about football. This is largely empty calories.)

Also, on the 2-minute drill drive before the half, when they got to 1st and goal and settled for a field goal: on 1st down from the 4 (I think) JP rolled right and threw to Royal a few yards deep in the end zone. One of those patterns where the TE's route is parallel to the QB's roll out. Royal was held, plus there was PI on the play. On the replay, Pool (the Cle. DB) clearly grabs his jersey as Royal makes his cut to the right, and then as the ball is in the air, Pool gets his arm in the way of Royal's right arm so that he can't bring two hands to the ball. At least I would have thrown a flag. Two.

JP threw it high and away, which is where he probably (maybe?) is coached to throw it, so the DB can't make a play. Royal had a good chance to catch it, except for the penalty (or penalties).

JP and Royal connect on that, and I think we are feeling pretty good about our young QB. Instead, Jauron sends in the Keystone Kops, Sheldon leaves his catching gloves on the bench (that pass was perfectly thrown), and we settle for a 30+ yd field goal.

I think we are going to get the season we should have had last year, or the year before, or the year before, or the year before. Growing pains, yes, but with actual growth to offset the pain. (The TD/GW/MM era was all about growing pains with no growth. We are basically cranky short people after the past 5 years.)

kj

I think we are going to get the season we should have had last year, or the year before, or the year before, or the year before.  Growing pains, yes, but with actual growth to offset the pain.  (The TD/GW/MM era was all about growing pains with no growth.  We are basically cranky short people after the past 5 years.)

kj

752809[/snapback]

That about sums up everything! :blink:

Seriously, all I asking, or hoping for, is visible improvement by the end of the season...my expectations are fairly conservative...I just want to know that I am not rooting for a team that has no inclination to show improvement. I am starting to look forward to the season a little more each day...

That was perfectly summed up. I couldnt agree more. Tom and Company really screwed this team up and sold us a bad bill of goods. Tonight was the first time I saw progress with JP. I really cant stand stupid penalties, as you said the guard lining up to far back. What are ya thing Chris!!! Growing pains I can take as long as you can see the light at the end....Heres to finally seeing a little light....

Just when I thought Tasker was the worst I had to listen to along comes Kosar and he's truly the worst I've ever heard of. Talk about a homer. Cheesh it was painful. I was impressed with JP tonight.

752820[/snapback]

Kosar sucks that bad, huh? I caught some of the Lions/Raiders game earlier and whoever does the Lions broadcast is by far the worst I've ever heard.