Aaron Gibson - how is he doing?

I am wrong....Peppers plays LDE....IMHO I think Peters is average...when the season starts we shall see. 

I am less hung up on converted TE, then he was converted from TE because the Bills lacked depth at RT last season.

I knew MW would struggle because he played LT in college and the RT was different footwork.  I think Peters does not have the pass blocking footwork.  He developed a TE mentality of run blocking footwork...that is all...we can agree to disagree.

751522[/snapback]

please stop now, you have no idea what you are talking about. Williams was always a right tackle. that's why so many had a problem with drafting a right tackle that high. it was assumed by most that he would eventually make the switch to left tackle.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Remeber he was cut by the Bills and put on their PS.  All teams had several chances to claim him..none did.  Maybe you are all correct that the Bills patience will pay off....we shall see.

751571[/snapback]

when Jim McNally compares him to Anthony Munoz, that patience has already paid off.

If Gibson cannot beat out a converted TE for the RT position, he does not belong on this team.  I doubt Jauron brought him in to backup Peters.  I  think he had intended to get a real RT, and not we are stuck with a TE who got moved into the RT position out of the lack of depth.

751469[/snapback]

Do you really think that Gibson was brought in to supplant Peters who was just given big money?

Given Gibson's past I'd be glad to have him as a reserve with the possiblity of moving up.

News flash ... Peppers makes lots of good tackles look bad.  Most tackles get help with Peppers.  Lets's not forget that it was the first game of pre-season and Peters (who has less than one year at the position) is learning a new system. 

There are many tackles that are converted tight ends.  In the Bills history I can think of Paul Costa in the 60's, Paul Seymour in the 70's, just to name a few.

751584[/snapback]

Imagine if they tried out Mark Campbell on the OL. I would have paid to see him get manhandled, bumbling idiot.

I think Gibson actually has a pretty good chance of making the roster.

Given the special teams competition at WR and LB, I wouldn't expect any more than 9 OL (7 active). The starting 5 are set: Gandy, Reyes, Fowler, Villarial, and Peters.

But we'll need 2 active backup linemen: I predict Preston to backup C/G, and Gibson at T/G...Gibson's NFL starting experience at tackle, along with his preseason workouts at guard, make him a very valuable 6th man.

Also expect the 8th and 9th spots to be filled by Geisinger and Butler, as well as practice squad slots for Merz and Pennington.