From a Coach's Perspective

Primarily because there are plenty of items to analyze and coach the team on once they review the tape. Meanwhile, it did NOT seem that the team was physically dominated. For the most part they executed well -- with the exception of the major mistakes that occurred. Fortunatley, those mistakes were primarily mental, which means that they are correctable (as JP pointed out). Better to have these things happen in the preseason, where the coaches have time to harp on them prior to when the games really count.

From that perespective, when it's all said and done, as a coach you'd almost rather have an outing like that rather than a "mistake-free" one, which may give a false sense of security

Well said. I was not encouraged listening to the game on the radio. I found the score to be embarrassing. After watching the replay last night, I was encouraged. They were not physically dominated. Tripplet and Kyle Williams look like an upgrade over Anderson and Fat Sam. On offense Reyes looks very athletic as does Fowler. More pulling and trapping possibilites with those two.

The good throws Losman made showed why he was a #1 pick. The balls he skipped were many times on checkdowns which show his inexperience but can be corrected. He also threw a few too quickly. Things that may be able to be corrected even if it takes half a season.