Roster Is Full Of Proven Losers

Mark VI

Fact, my ass. I was there and taking notes. He cut inside twice when he was supposed to release to the outside and took off twice long , when he was supposed to shorten his route. Seemed to be lots of reaction from Bledsoe and the coaches after each mistake.

That's right , keep defending these fan favorites. The losses keep mounting but it's always " Somebody else " .  :)

55153[/snapback]

1- You do NOT know what he was supposed to do (based on their site read adjustment).

2- Moulds was involved in 2 miscommunication plays, not 4 (I have access to the game as well)

3- When asked about the TWO plays, Moulds and DB both agreed that one was Drew's fault, and one was EM's.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The title of this thread says it all.  Time to gut this team. 

Keep Milloy, Spikes, Adams & Williams, McGahee & Evans, Moorman & McGee - that's it.  Possibly Clements if the price is right. 

This would be the perfect time to trade Moulds because we can still get value for him and he'll be past his prime in a couple of years.  We can probably get a couple decent OLmen with his salary.  Fletcher, Henry, Schobel, and Bledsoe are just losers.  By now we all know Wire doesn't belong on a Pop Warner field.   

It sucks that next season is 11 months away    :(

55358[/snapback]

This is not fantasy or Madden football fellas.... :P Hellooooo.... :)

This is not fantasy or Madden football fellas....  :P  Hellooooo....  :)

55720[/snapback]

Obviously I was exaggerating a bit out of frustration...

But why not basically gut the team? Have you not seen our record over the last 4 years? Our core players cannot win, and there's nowhere to go but up.

That's right , keep defending these fan favorites. The losses keep mounting but it's always " Somebody else " .  :)

55153[/snapback]

Players I will not defend from yesterdays game:

Coy Wire

Travis Henry

Josh Reed

Also, the overall discipline has been poor for 3 games now re: penalties. I guess that falls on the coaching staff.

Fact, my ass. I was there and taking notes. He cut inside twice when he was supposed to release to the outside and took off twice long , when he was supposed to shorten his route. Seemed to be lots of reaction from Bledsoe and the coaches after each mistake.

55153[/snapback]

On the post game interviews Bledsoe admitted he made the mistake on the interception. NE corner blitzed, which rarely results in cover-2 defense. Moulds correctly read cover-2 taking the route between the two safeties.

Also per Bledsoe, the other miscommunication between the two was Moulds fault as he read cover-2 when it wasn't (with a single safety, you take the route to the outside. With cover-2, you split the safeties).

On the post game interviews Bledsoe admitted he made the mistake on the interception.  NE corner blitzed, which rarely results in cover-2 defense.  Moulds correctly read cover-2 taking the route between the two safeties.

Also per Bledsoe, the other miscommunication between the two was Moulds fault as he read cover-2 when it wasn't (with a single safety, you take the route to the outside.  With cover-2, you split the safeties).

55766[/snapback]

pretty sad state of affairs.

Corners don't blitz out of cover 2 because no one is left to cover the WR.

Not only don't we burn the blitz, but Drew throws a pick.

Spikes is one of the guys playing his heart out and making key plays on 3rd down to force punts. While he can over run some plays, he always seems to be around the ball making a positive impact. I like his effort and production. Fletcher is a good player who continues to take stupid penalties, which just kills us.

55155[/snapback]

It was a pretty big loss for the B'gals. Some have given him a bit of criticism about not getting sacks and so forth. The thing is, he covers a lot of territory, and that allows other players to make plays. I see very few Bill's games, but I suspect that teams don't target him as a pass-coverage liability - he's pretty good at it IMO.

pretty sad state of affairs.

Corners don't blitz out of cover 2 because no one is left to cover the WR.

Not only don't we burn the blitz, but Drew throws a pick.

55791[/snapback]

Cover-2 describes the safeties (two-deep). A corner blitz usually doesn't result in cover-2 because one of the safeties must pick up the WR vacated by the blitzing cornerback.

Give credit to the Pats for devising a coverage wrinkle that worked.

It starts at the top.  If this team has a dismal season, Tom Donahoe must go the first day we are eliminated from playoff contention.

55115[/snapback]

That will be funny seeing him in the ESPN stuidios as an "expert".

Badol was right. Purge many of the so-called name players and start fresh. Bledsoe,Henry,Moulds,Campbell,Jennings,M.Williams,Shelton,Wire..even Fletcher. They make more negative plays than positive ones.

0-3... Pointing the finger at certain units/players to defend your personal favorites no longer means a damn thing. Keep starting the players listed above and you just admitted you're satisfied with 6 wins per year,at best. They've had their shot and continue to come up small in the clutch. Tough guys ? How about mentally tough ?

We can lose with younger,cheaper guys with an upside. Learn in 2004 and set up something positive for 2005. Turn the page.

Bye-bye losers. Go kill another franchise.

54350[/snapback]

MAN :angry: ! I HEAR YA LOUD AND CLEAR! I'll tell you my biggest disappointment is moulds ! everyone talks about henrys hands . hey Eric your a "pro bowl reciever" how's about catching the :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: ing ball!!!!!!!!!!!! a-hole