Tom Petty / Allman Bros. at Darien Lake

Lurker

The fact that it's not big enough.  They oversell every single show I've been to there.  They paved right down the middle of the lawn in two spots which took away from the general addmission seating.  Also a couple years ago they put in all the beer and vendors to close to the lawn so it's a huge cluster !@#$ at the top of the hill.  Also at the fence (in general)  there is a dip 15 to 20 feet behind a\the fence which is pretty much a waste of space for concert goers in that area cause you can't see anything in front of you.  Security booted a couple of kids for standing on their chairs in the back row.  And not to mention I saw people getting arrested for drugs at the gate (busted by a dog).  Yes a drug sniffing dog at a fuggin concert.  IMO Darien Lake is 100 times better than SPAC.

744933[/snapback]

Ouch. It does sound different, I think the last show I was at there was the Allman Bros in 2001. I am appalled by the fact that they had the K9 cops at the gate. Absolutely rediculous.

Allman Bros and Tom Petty. WTF? Neither of them suck.

I'm not a huge Petty fan (i don't dislike him, either), but he had always been very good live. The Allman's just keep truckin'.

Which leads us to Derek Trucks. I agree with the smoky-jokey guy. See the Derek Truck Band. They bring a great blend of different musical styles, and Derek can flat-out play.