I think it may be Modrak time

Tom Donahoe manages the salary cap about as well as anyone in the league. But he has made some very questionable draft picks and FA signings. He also doesn't seem to have all his priorities straight (e.g. the whole "we'll just find a kicker, um, whenever" strategy).

Modrak did an AMAZING job building what was maybe the most talentless team in the NFL 5-6 years ago. He lost the power struggle with Reid (ala TD and Cowher) but he knows how to draft talent, and he knows how to work contracts (the Eagles for many years lead the league, and maybe still do, in smallest amount of dead cap money). I think that perhaps these two men should flip-flop jobs. We will see how this season pans out but I think it will end up with a move like this being needed to be made.

My two cents....

you apparently don't know much about those guys, or the situation.

donahoe and modrak are best friends, and modrak has said on many occasions that he's satisfied in his role, likes what he does, and wants to stay here until he feels he has satisfied a winning commitment.

go back to focusing on bledsoe, because a lack of heart cannot be seen by a fuggin GM. It's not Donahoe's fault that about a dozen of our main players continue to make mental errors that they were never previously known for.

Tom Donahoe manages the salary cap about as well as anyone in the league. But he has made some very questionable draft picks and FA signings. He also doesn't seem to have all his priorities straight (e.g. the whole "we'll just find a kicker, um, whenever" strategy).

Modrak did an AMAZING job building what was maybe the most talentless team in the NFL 5-6 years ago. He lost the power struggle with Reid (ala TD and Cowher) but he knows how to draft talent, and he knows how to work contracts (the Eagles for many years lead the league, and maybe still do, in smallest amount of dead cap money). I think that perhaps these two men should flip-flop jobs. We will see how this season pans  out but I think it will end up with a move like this being needed to be made.

My two cents....

54269[/snapback]

Well...I'm definitely not in favor of putting the Assistant GM and Head of Scouting in charge...That's where the problems are...TD and TM are joined at the hip...Both are equally responsible for this mess if you ask me...No one has TD's ear like TM...no one...

Both did a great job in Pittsburgh...TM did do a great job in Philly, but they both have REALLY blown it here for whatever reason.... :blink:

donahoe and modrak are best friends, and modrak has said on many occasions that he's satisfied in his role, likes what he does, and wants to stay here until he feels he has satisfied a winning commitment.

go back to focusing on bledsoe, because a lack of heart cannot be seen by a fuggin GM. It's not Donahoe's fault that about a dozen of our main players continue to make mental errors that they were never previously known for.

54284[/snapback]

Who's in charge of these suddenly mental midgets? Who hired them? The same guy who hired the previous pack of yokels.

54284[/snapback]

I agree with you nod...at least I agree with the point when we brought Bledsoe here...But this is why some of us were screaming for Bledsoe to be let go after last Season. I (and God knows I was not the only one) kept saying over and over again that this was an opportunity for a GM to make a bold move and REALLY help the Roster overall...

Instead I think we should feel lucky TD at least got us JP...How bad would things be if we did not have Losman to look forward to? But getting back to the point, does anyone question the fact that the Bledsoe cash could have been used more wisely now? I think a top NFL GM should have been able to recognize that. It may sound like "I told you so," or hindsight-aided back patting, but I recognized it...And by no means am I qualified to be an NFL GM...I just knew this Team needed the $6-8 million worth of talent more than they needed Bledsoe at QB...

It seemed pretty obvious to me... :blink:

54284[/snapback]

Well the GM IS responsible for the personnel he puts on the field. You think TD is just the unluckiest Generel Manager in the league? I feel that Modrak would do a better job (his record in Philly speaks for itself). Maybe it is true that TM would not accept a promotion due to his friendship.