Can our receiver depth possibly as bad...

Drewgetz

The Bills starting running back will need to rebound from a disappointing ’05 campaign. Third-year receiver Lee Evans moves to the top of the depth charts with the departure of Eric Moulds. The lack of experienced and talented depth at wide receiver along with a revamped defense presents a challenge for Jauron and his staff.  Link

Lack of talented depth??? I thought we had so much depth that whoever gets released could be a starter on some teams or at least a 3rd reciever easily. Am I mistaken??

Lack of talented depth???  I thought we had so much depth that whoever gets released could be a starter on some teams or at least a 3rd reciever easily.  Am I mistaken??

740027[/snapback]

I think we've all heard and read a lot of encouraging camp reports about the WR play, but in reality, when you look at the names on paper the group doesn't appear to be all that impressive.

I believe that WR will be a position of strength for the Bills, but they have to start playing the games for us to determine that.

I'm optimistic about WR, but understand that on paper the list is less than impressive. Evans, Reed, Aiken, Parrish and even Price may surprise people. I think whoever made the assessment was basing it on the loss of Moulds. If there is any position that may surprise people it will be the WR's on talent, assuming (BIG assumption) that the QB situation works out.

I'm optimistic about WR, but understand that on paper the list is less than impressive.  Evans, Reed, Aiken, Parrish and even Price may surprise people.  I think whoever made the assessment was basing it on the loss of Moulds.  If there is any position that may surprise people it will be the WR's on talent, assuming (BIG assumption) that the QB situation works out.

740054[/snapback]

I agree, the QB play will make or break this receiving corps if not the whole team. (and the O-Line could make or break the QB for that matter) I just don't see how receiving could be considered a weakness is all.