Jeff Smoker v Ryan Fitzpatrick

I believe the Rams resigned Jeff Smoker this offseason, and Ryan Fitzpatrick is also on the roster.

If Nall is out for any extended period of time.............I could see the Bills jumping on one of those 2 Qb's ( whoever the Rams decide to cut).......because of their familiarity with Fairchild's offensive system.

Unless the Rams decide to keep 4 Qb's....because they already have Frerotte and Bulger

I am hopeful that Nall doesn't miss much time...I was very interested to see what he could do...I have liked what little I have seen.

That being said, while it is likely wise to bring in someone familiar with the new offense, like Smoker, I would like to see Kingsburry get some work...I have always liked this kid....I know he is a long-shot to make the roster, but he has some intangibles that not all college QB's have...not a great arm, but pretty smart, and a little experience, not bad attributes for a third string QB...

They won't bring anyone in. It just means Ochs, and perhaps Kingsbury will get more work. Worst case scenario for Nall ( if the hammy is torn) is 9 weeks... that makes him good to go in week 4 and a candidate for the PUP list.